Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No Fear
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i opened up a Manitou Slate

Afterwards i coulndt figure out the place & orientation of a pair of its parts ....

Stationery Office supplies Metal Die set Tool

i searched o lat on the web but didt find any info on Manitou Slate

i searched other similar products of Manitou but didnt find this part in any of them .....

By experience & memory i knew its a pert that places beneath the stanchions & inside the lowers like this maybe

Product Style Black Stationery Beige

but exactly where and how i mean the orientation what side should face up which side down

If anybody had any info about this or could help i would be very thankful

thanx to all

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Yes and with the flat pedestal at the top for the bumper. Otherwise the bottom-out bumpers can be forced over the smaller end and no longer work.

We see a lot of Manitou forks from the 00's with these spacers up the wrong way from prior service work.

·
No Fear
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and with the flat pedestal at the top for the bumper. Otherwise the bottom-out bumpers can be forced over the smaller end and no longer work.

We see a lot of Manitou forks from the 00's with these spacers up the wrong way from prior service work.
Thanx so the way i put them in the last pic was right ?

and why do people misplace or place them in a wrong position over there ....

A good access to information is available there all nearly all if not all the info is in english which they can understand

I thought in the first world countries mechanics dont do this type of mi:skep:stakes

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Thanx so the way i put them in the last pic was right ?

and why do people misplace or place them in a wrong position over there ....

A good access to information is available there all nearly all if not all the info is in english which they can understand

I thought in the first world countries mechanics dont do this type of mi:skep:stakes
Mechanics are the same the world over. There are awesome ones and average ones in every country.

·
No Fear
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fact is that this guy had came for the service of this specific fork to me in Aug/2016 & i have some pictures from that time
but in between one or twice i dont know he went to one of those mechanics we talked about......

This time the bootom cap at the stanchion with the damper doest open at all i used all the force needed but at a certain point the wrench slips ( what do you call it in english? )
As this part is made out of plastic & the previous mechanic i dont know used his teeth or locking pliers i dont know .......:eekster:

Yellow Cylinder Circle Wire Silver

In my previous service in 2016 i had a picture that i had opened this part and im extracting the packing seal inside

Finger Nail Thumb Wire Camera lens

it can be seen in the whole service picture as well

Product Technology Collection Stationery Plastic

and this is the situation of the O-ring at the end of the rebound rod......the O-ring that seals the casing front beneath......

Invertebrate Arthropod Insect Cylinder Silver

And lets see a two comparison pix from the situation of the seals from the last time i was working on this and this time .......

The last time.....

Composite material Gas Circle Cylinder Building material

And this time you can see nearly all the inner lips are worn & torn & bent inside..........even the teflon bushing had walked up at one point i cant figure out why ??!!

I guess the mechanic has had trouble entering the stanchions to the lowers getting the seal lips in place and he had forced the stanchions in without properly guiding them through the seal lips

And for the last issue .......in the 2016 pic i had two of these washers.....

Product Stationery Transmission part Household hardware Collection

And now only one .....!!!!

Stationery Metal Office supplies Die set Screw

I searched all the washers i had but didnt find the correct size guess have to go find it from a store

And im not sure where they go either ? Maybe between the plastic spacers i talked about at the start of this thead and the bottom of the casing ? maybe between the flat part of those spacers & the rubber bumpers ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.