Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Skareb Elite (the after-market kind, not the OEM kind with SPV). It has a feature called "rebound damping" that is controlled by the little blue knob on the bottom of the fork. The manual says to turn it clockwise to increase rebound damping while the fork itself says turning it clockwise increases rebound... seems contradictory. Anyway, no matter which way I turn it, to either extreme, there seems to be no change whatsoever in the behaviour of the fork. Has anyone had a similar impression? What should I notice at one extreme or the other to verify that this shiny blue knob is anything more than just a shiny blue knob!

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
With more rebound damping, the fork should be slower to rebound after compression. With the knob at maximum, it should feel like there is molasas in there and at min rebound should feel like a pogo stick. Check that your damping oil level is within specs and the fork is well lubed (microlube or semi-bath).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.