Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was reading mountain bike magazines and noticed something strange, every picture and ad; Maintou. None of the pro riders use them. they seem to have disappeared. I remember seeing Manitou forks used by downhill riders and some XC riders. So i did some research and there website was still up and everything. So does anyone know what happened to them? My best guess is that they were bought out by DT Swiss (or Specialized, they own DT Swiss right?)

·
Dirt Huffer
1,755 Posts
I just thought that Fox and Rock Shox were so much better that people chose them instead. You also don't see a lot of Manitou forks on new bikes either.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Hayes bought them. They've on-shored production of MRD-labeled forks. I'm not sure if they've made any other changes.

·
Never trust a fart
4,543 Posts
I've been riding a Manitou Minute 29er for the past year. Great fork IMO. I'd say on par with a RS Reba.

·
Underskilled
4,750 Posts
Quite a few people say teh minute is better than Reba.

I have always liked their designs, plush with good damping.

My current is the Dorado, and the last a black.

·
Registered
555 Posts
frdfandc said:
I've been riding a Manitou Minute 29er for the past year. Great fork IMO. I'd say on par with a RS Reba.
I have a 2006 130mm coil spring Minute and a 145mm Nixon coil. The minute is nice but the Nixon is my favorite. I'd say it's on par with the Fox Vanilla. I haven't used any RS products as of late. The last RS fork I rode was a mid range Duke. While it was ok, it was nowhere near as supple as the Nixon or Minute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts