Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out a way to put my bike with a manitou sherman and 20 mm axle on my yakima roof rack that has a quick release for the front wheel.

Is there an adtapor or something that I can get for it ? I don't really feel like buying another rack I'd rather put my money somewhere else. Where can I get it if there is anything.

Thanks a lot

ERic

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
ENVY used to make an adaptor that allowed you to put the thruaxle through the adaptor and the standard dropouts fit in the rack. They've stopped making them because the rack manufacturers started making 20mm compatible racks.I've attached a picture. See if you can still find one...

ernie00 said:
I'm trying to figure out a way to put my bike with a manitou sherman and 20 mm axle on my yakima roof rack that has a quick release for the front wheel.

Is there an adtapor or something that I can get for it ? I don't really feel like buying another rack I'd rather put my money somewhere else. Where can I get it if there is anything.

Thanks a lot

ERic

Attachments

·
DOH!
473 Posts
ernie00 said:
I'm trying to figure out a way to put my bike with a manitou sherman and 20 mm axle on my yakima roof rack that has a quick release for the front wheel....

ERic
Hurricane Fork-Up.

The Envy adapter shown above is for a Marz QR20; it WON'T work with your Manitou. I have a Slider and use the Fork-Up no prob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.