Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just got my Fisher HiFi Plus, and the front shock feels really low on air. I am new to mountain biking and just got this bike a couple of weeks ago. I would like to please know what to air up the front shock with, (same as i use for the back shock?) and what should i air it up to? I weigh 215, and am 6'4. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Jake

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
pheelinphishy89 said:
Hey,

I just got my Fisher HiFi Plus, and the front shock feels really low on air. I am new to mountain biking and just got this bike a couple of weeks ago. I would like to please know what to air up the front shock with, (same as i use for the back shock?) and what should i air it up to? I weigh 215, and am 6'4. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Jake
Jake, you can use your shock pump to put more air into your fork, no problem. :thumbsup: The port should be on top of the main spring leg (left leg). Works exactly the same as your shock - remove the cap, pump it up, put cap back on when done.

With you weighing in at 215 i'd say start with about 120 psi and see how that works. :cool: You might still need more, but that depends on how agressive you ride, what terrain you ride, your specific bike set-up and a bunch of other things that you shouldn't worry too much about now. Just use that 120 psi as a starting point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.