Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an adaptor which converts the MRP/Elka shock IFP fitting to a Schrader valve. Supposedly, the old Manitou IFP Service Tool kit had one part which fulfills this function. Unfortunately, the tool kit in question is almost as rare as a dinosaur nowadays.

Any suggestions and tips are welcome. It would be especially cool to have something available in the EU area.

Below in the photo you can see the MRP adapter on the left and the piece that's missing at the moment. The blue arrows indicate how the adapters fit together.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. It was already noted that Shockcraft carries the tool in question. If possible, an option located a bit more closer is under search. The shipping costs alone are a bit steep for a small part like this.

The help is highly appreciated though!

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
I agree with Dougal, the missing adaptor looks like a Rockshox adaptor for the early 2000 forks. It should be pretty easy to find.

·
Registered
Banshee Titan, Ragley Bluepig
328 Posts
check the needed thread, cause i have a silver one from a tire pump rebuild kit or something that looks identical to that but has different thread to the rockshox red one

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Checking the thread has proven to be problematic. The only way so far has been to try if it fits. What's for sure is that it's not a standard metric thread.
The thread on the Manitou and RS adaptors is a 5V1 schrader thread. It is a special thread, close to M5 but not quite.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Things cleared out quite a bit after finding out that the internal thread is indeed the 5V1 Schrader thread! Does the Rock Shox Monarch adapter (part #00.4315.027.010) have this thread? In other words, it converts the internal 5V1-36 thread to an external 8V2-32 Schrader thread? Unfortunately this information can not be found anywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts