Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use half my weight in the spring to get the proper sag and use the curb method to set the rebound. I dont use much compression or the lockout but its nice to know its there if I get on a smooth trail

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have to echo above post,
Half your weight in the air spring and a simple curb works great for setting the rebound.
Idea is to take the bounce out of the rebound.

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
carleast said:
Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm new to this. What is the curb method. Do you have a link to a website that explains it?

Thanks.
If you weigh between 180-200 lbs, I would set the rebound very close to full fast. The R7s tend to have very slow rebound. I know a light weight rider who complained that even at full fast the rebound was still too sluggish. I have mine turned to just a hair past full fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I weigh about 190lbs/85kg. So it half my weight in spring, as advised by r2strayer and Bird, the same as having the rebound set to full fast or are these two independent settings that both need adjusted?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
to set rebound ride off a curb at 5 to 8 mph and adjust the blue knob on the lower right side so that you only get one bounce. It might help to start with it off and slow it to dial it in.The sping you adjust with the air pump and is an independent adjustment.The red knob on top is the rebound/lockout start with it off also.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ugh!

The whole point of the R7 Super is that it's an easy-no fuss, reliable straightforward, inexpensive fork.

Set it between 100-120 psi. Period.

That's it--it rides better (less brake dive-stiffer steering) at higher pressures than traditional 'sag-finding' techniques would suggest.

Set it-forget it!

Mess with it too much or think too much about how you've set it up and you'll have wrecked the main reason to buy and ride the r7 Super in the first place.!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's cool but I'd would prefer to at least get it set up in some way first because every where that I've read says that the factory settings are not very good.

And I wouldn't call it that inexpensive!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
carleast said:
That's cool but I'd would prefer to at least get it set up in some way first because every where that I've read says that the factory settings are not very good.

And I wouldn't call it that inexpensive!
ok-set it at 105 psi.

honest. Then just check every few weeks or so to re-fill.

Oh-and keep the rebound fast as you can stand it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.