Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a Manitou R7 Super 80 with lock out about 3 months ago. I love the fork :thumbsup: but recently when I ingaged the lock out there was still some "play" where there use to be NONE :madman: Is this the norm? Does the fort need rebuilt already? Or serviced :confused: Any help will be greatly appriciated :)
Thx Rob
mtnbike1971
"If you don't bleed it wasn't a good ride"

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
There's a barrel adjuster on the cable, close to the lever. It works just like the one's on your brakes and shifters. Adjust it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adrew, I didn't install the remote lock out. The red TPC lock out lever directly on the fork is turned all the way to the right (clockwise) yet there is still play. Rob

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
mtnbike1971 said:
Adrew, I didn't install the remote lock out. The red TPC lock out lever directly on the fork is turned all the way to the right (clockwise) yet there is still play. Rob
Ummmm, okay, let's be sure of what you have. I missed something here (embaresingly). Is it a Platinum (with SPV) or a Super (you said lockout ..... and now TPC lever).

It's only gonna be one or the other.

:confused:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Answer Products Tech Support

mtnbike1971 said:
I purchased a Manitou Super 80 R7 Platinum with lock out about 3 months ago. I love the fork :thumbsup: but recently when I ingaged the lock out there was still some "play" where there use to be NONE :madman: Is this the norm? Does the fort need rebuilt already? Or serviced :confused: Any help will be greatly appriciated :)
Thx Rob
mtnbike1971
"If you don't bleed it wasn't a good ride"
Have you tried contacting the Answer Products tech support guys (email or phone call)? Bobby Acuna is one of the tech support guru's, and is very responsive. He usually gets back to you within a day unless he is out of the office for some reason. Try giving them a call. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goofed Up On Model

Andrew, Sorry about the mix up. :rolleyes: I HAVE the R7 Super Lock Out (have the remote Click It system but never installed). I DO NOT have the Platinum w/SPV. Sorry and thx for the help. :) Rob

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
mtnbike1971 said:
Andrew, Sorry about the mix up. :rolleyes: I HAVE the R7 Super Lock Out (have the remote Click It system but never installed). I DO NOT have the Platinum w/SPV. Sorry and thx for the help. :) Rob
No problem, Rob. We're all human. Hey, I should have spotted it sooner. ;)

Okay, two possible suspects;

1) lever orientation - the lever can be removed and re-positioned. It might be a case where your's needs this attention for whatever reason (do you use it alot???). This is done by using an allen key to remove the bolt holding down the lever (top, middle of the lever). Be CAREFULL - there are two small balls that are spring-loaded, so care should be taken here to avoid losing them. If you're really carefull then the balls and springs will stay in place. Once the lever is removed, turn the hex-shaped post (the one the lever was on) all the way CW, as to lock the fork. Check the fork to see if it now locks or not (more in #2 below). Once you have the post turned full CW put the lever back on so it is oriented as far CW as it can go without hitting the crown! Once that's done, put the screw back it and ride.

2) oil level - if you followed #1 above to no avail then your problem is undoubtedly oil level related - not enough oil. Manitou's TPC lockout systems, in any incarnation, at any time frame, have always been sensitive to oil level. It's just the way the system works. In this case I must ask - are you mechanically inclined??? If so i'll give you instructions to check/re-fill your damper oil. Otherwise you're best to take it to an LBS and have them do it.

Let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.