Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manitou No-Tool SPV Volume Adjuster Upgrade. Has anyone added one of these to their Swinger shock reservoir? If so, how difficult was the installation and how do you like the no-tolls adjustment? Is it worth the money? :confused:

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
67degrees said:
Manitou No-Tool SPV Volume Adjuster Upgrade. Has anyone added one of these to their Swinger shock reservoir? If so, how difficult was the installation and how do you like the no-tolls adjustment? Is it worth the money? :confused:
It's very easy to do. Let the air out, screw the old one out and the new one in. Is it worth while? That is your choice. How often do you change your bottom out resistance? If you haven't seen it, here is the part.

Ronnie.

·
FS and SS rider
73 Posts
Works well for me!

I got it for $30 from Competitive Cyclist. As ronnie pointed out, it is a snap to install, though if you are not careful, you could scuff some of the nice red anno off the top.... purely cosmetic.

I like being able to twist between the four settings depending on my mood, without having to carry extra tools.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much oil goes in the reservoir?

When I took off the old cap there was still some air pressure in the reservoir and when the cap got loose enough it blew off and oil went everywhere. I figure the reservoir must have been about full of oil by the amount the came out. How much oil did you put into the reservoir upon re-assembly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.