Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know which is the minimun travel you can set with the IT on the Manitou Nixon Super and Platinum?
Does the IT work like the air adjusted chairs, that when you press the IT it goes down with your weight? at what speed is it done?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
When you hold the IT thumb control down the fork travel decreases under weight. To a degree you can compress it faster with more weight on the bars. You can stop it anywhere along the travel. If you continue to hold the lever the fork will go all the way down to the bottom out bumpers but when you release it, it comes back to about a 40mm. travel fork. I found my Nixon Platinum to have anything between 140mm to a minimum of 40mm. of travel. To extend you just un-weight the front for a few seconds and hold the lever, remembering to release the lever before putting the wheel down. And by the way, I'm very happy with mine. I think its a great fork. Very stiff and works well and now that it is broken in it getting very plush.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
No, I've not ridden a TALAS but I've owned a Fox F100X. I'm heavy at 210lbs. and I like to mash standing up so I like a stable platform fork. I don't run the SPV at high pressure, just enough to take some of the bob away. So theoretically I'm sacrificing a bit of small bump compliance but hey! If I wanted it to be dead smooth I should get a road bike. If you don't want the SPV, the Super has TPC damping and probably more plush.

Ronnie.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
What I love about the IT is that manitou stole the idea from suntour. I mean really... are they back to stealing other fork makers ideas again?

·
Registered
252 Posts
DeeEight said:
What I love about the IT is that manitou stole the idea from suntour. I mean really... are they back to stealing other fork makers ideas again?
Finally there is something we agree on! I've been waiting for the moment for a long time...

p.s. Please use official way of writing down the brand name SunTour! At least we can then make a tribute to the great company which had the greatest influence on bicycle technology... and still managed to go bankrupt.

-b

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.