Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Manitou Minute 1:00 fork on my bike. My rebound adjuster knob snapped and i was told that i have to buy a rebound damper assembly kit to replace the old one. Does anyone know what website sells the rebound damper assembly for a 2005 manitou minute fork with SPV and about how much it would cost?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Scarface, I checked w/Manitou again and they are temporarily out of stock for that part(#85-5872) and said to check with as many of their dealers as I could to find it because it could take a while. Still in the same boat as you. Good luck and I'll let you know if I find any.

·
Registered
334 Posts
misctwo said:
did a quick check on http://www.bikeparts.com and they don't have the assembly. it would be best to contact answer/manitou directly.

btw, who told you the entire assembly would need replacement? kinda sounds like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
The blue rebound adjustment knob is mounted to a plastic shaft that is part of the SPV compression damping assembly. It cannot be disassembled and replaced. Snapping the plastic shaft is a long standing problem with this damper assembly (poor choice of materials in the design). The only repair is to replace the entire damper assembly. I replaced mine two years ago at a cost of $50. These damper assemblies are getting hard to find now.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
scarface209 said:
I have a Manitou Minute 1:00 fork on my bike. My rebound adjuster knob snapped and i was told that i have to buy a rebound damper assembly kit to replace the old one. Does anyone know what website sells the rebound damper assembly for a 2005 manitou minute fork with SPV and about how much it would cost?
Get is here for $65.
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id151.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.