Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
23,945 Posts
You are absolutely right, it's an old REBA, why do you think they're selling them that low or the Manitou for that reason. U-Turn would be nice, but the mod can be performed on any REBA. The Manitou is way stiffer than the old REBA and very much worth buying now at this price, whereas an old REBA is not, unless you're a super fly weight and won't notice the flex that much - at about 185lbs geared, I'm not fly weight for the REBA :skep: that ain't saying alot, was a great fork, but always lacked in stiffness, but was very tuneable.

herve said:

·
Bicyclist
2,974 Posts
Sweet Reba deal!

herve said:
$285 with free shipping too. :thumbsup:

RockShox Reba® SL U-Turn 29er Fork OE Closeout
Black, U-Turn (70-100mm travel adjust), Disc only

• For 29ers only
• U-Turn travel adjust (70mm-100mm)
• Forged 7050 T-6 aluminum crown
• Motion Control damping
• Manual knob lockout
• Infinitely adjustable Dual Air spring
• 1-1/8" threadless
• 489mm axle to crown at 80mm
• 509mm axle to crown at 100mm
• Does not include shock pump
1608 grams

http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=138224

·
HopHeads, Unite!
395 Posts
I believe you mean "Sweet Rubba Deal".

I may have to pick up one of those 100mm Manitous....and pass my 80mm on to my wife...

·
Certified Clyde
90 Posts
kosayno said:
Just thought I'd pass this on for those who haven't seen this yet. Jenson has the Minute 29er on sale for cheap. Cheers!
Sucks! I just bought one full price from PricePoint. We'll see if they reply to my email and honor their 30 day price-match guarantee.

·
Recovering couch patato
13,971 Posts
Reba weight must be a mistake? Or I have some upgrades to make by this purchase...

Great to have a 70mm fork for tight sissy trails and 100mm for scarier challenges.

·
HopHeads, Unite!
395 Posts
Almost in that range. I'm 215 buck-nekkid and I'm liking the 80mm I have so far. I'm thinking of stepping up to the 100mm TA. I have a Hope front hub, so I can just get the adapter kit for it.

mojo722--thanks for the heads up.

·
Working Man's Toilet
834 Posts
madcap said:
any clydes riding this fork? like 230+

very tempted to get a 100mm TA version
I am in your boat, 230lbs, and have a QR version- it is WAY stiffer than the reba- I am pulling the trigger on the TA version, though I think you would be fine with the DT swiss bolt on skewer with the QR version- you will be very happy with it- plush, lockout works great- mmm, mmm, good!

·
You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
cool, I just ordered the 100mm TA version with Hope 20mm adapters for $350 shipped, nice!

It's going to replace my Maverick SC32 which I have been very disappointed with, even after I had it rebuilt and tuned for me.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.