Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check our Rainman's review on the Manitou 120-pretty extensive. Also a bunch of folks chimed in with tech details well beyond my skill or care level.

I've got the 100 and the 120-so here's my take on the fork.

I am not a wrench, weight weenie, uber tech person who looks up angles and theorizes how it will feel. I just ride my bike in scenic southern AZ.

The 100mm TA worked pretty darn well but I felt a little hunched over on my trail bike-the 120 made it more relaxed feeling.

1 to 2 clicks on the top knob and I felt I got the dampening I wanted for most rides. For long uphillse I cranked it all the way clockwise.

No Complaints-for both small and big hit times.

I have not messed with the rebound yet. So I cannot give you true feedback there. Seemed fine with the out of the box setting. (For the trails I have taken it on and my riding style)

I like the lateral stiffness and it feels almost as plush and responsive as my Fox F29.

Rain's review of the WB makes it seem like a better fork-I don't know I haven't ridden one.

For cost-I am very happy with my Manipoo.

It is all good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i finally read rainmans review, thanks for the info. I feel like i could overhaul one blindfolded now. i new to the forums and all the help has been great. thanks guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Manitou Minute 120 TA for 29er

I have one that I'm hoping to sell as soon as I can buy the new 2009 Reba Maxle. The problem is, I don't know when they'll really be available. How long can you wait?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.