Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sold it is the best trail fork on the market; however, Bicycling Magazine thinks it is. I ride this fork. I do think it is a nice fork. Ridden a ton of miles with no problems.

Fox Vanilla RLC was a runner up.

Jaybo

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
this might be the first time I've ever agreed with a bike mag's "product of the year" award.

I love the Minute 1:00 and for many applications think it's a better fork than my '03 Z1 FR QR20. I have two hardtails and both run Minute 1:00 on the front. I have a Firefly Plus on my trail rig and a Marz 888 on my big bike. I really like Marzocchi forks, but only a dumb conceit of brand loyalty would make me think the Minute 1:00 is not equal to a Marzocchi for rough XC and trail riding.

but I weigh 160 and ride finesse style. if you're a bigger person or a flat-basher you might think the Minute a POS.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I am also a happy Minute 1 rider. It's a great XC trail fork and it's all I need. It just takes some time to figure out the right SPV pressure and volume size, but once that's dialed in it's a sweet fork.

·
Code Burr
1,382 Posts
I havent tried an AM1, but my minute 1 replaced a MX Comp and the difference was amazing. The minute 1 is 10x plusher at 60psi in the spv and has absolutely no brake dive. I also have a black super air and the brake dive is horrible. Its a bit flexy but i'm happy with it. I would think the AM1 would be more supple since it has dual hydro dampers. I love the simplicity of the manitou though, its really easy to overhaul and change the fluids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.