Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

3041 - 3053 of 3053 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
That's the normal MY20 stack.

Remove one of the 13x0.1 shims like has been shown.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just bought a Mezzer Expert, pretty pumped. I have the burnishing tool from Oliver for 35 mm RS forks, any point in getting a 37 mm head for it? Anyone been burnishing these forks? Thanks for the help.

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I did remove extra shim 13x6x0.1 from rebound and that what is happening.
Strange sound when fully open rebound:

and here even worse when fully closed:

Did you have the same? Do you know why is it so?

·
Registered
777 Posts
My best guess is that when reassembling the stack, one or more components was shifted to the side and didn't fully seat on the tight fitting ID. So, it prematurely felt tight and didn't axially clamp everything together.

Something went wrong for sure, so it needs to come apart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My best guess is that when reassembling the stack, one or more components was shifted to the side and didn't fully seat on the tight fitting ID. So, it prematurely felt tight and didn't axially clamp everything together.

Something went wrong for sure, so it needs to come apart.

So yes, it turned out that I unnecessarily flatten those 2 curved shims. I recover into their natural shape and it works as before:)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Just bought a Mezzer Expert, pretty pumped. I have the burnishing tool from Oliver for 35 mm RS forks, any point in getting a 37 mm head for it? Anyone been burnishing these forks? Thanks for the help.

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It depends on the fork. I did mine and it made a noticeable difference. Ccs86 said neither of his really needed it.

My bushings were sized well but two of them had a deformity that caused major stiction. Go on YouTube for some videos.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wanted to ask if you had a chance to test some of those hsc springs you've put in a graph a while ago. If I remember correctly and if those should be better than the stock in mezzer?

@mike153

Odoslané z M1 pomocou Tapatalku

·
Registered
18 Posts
But there is one more thing.
After removing extra 17.5 mm shim from hsc there is some strange noise. It is only when hsc is open. When hsc is fully closed then it is completely quiet.
Any idea why is it that?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just got my fork in and did a travel change, still not ridden. Afterward, noticed some notchiness when compressed quickly. Pulled the lowers, cycled the air spring and noticed the same feeling. After pulling the air spring it seems to come from the lower part of the assembly. The large black plastic piece that presses against the metal piece which threads in the legs. When I slide that up and down the air shaft, it's pretty noticeable. Lubed with slicoleum and reassembled. First couple cycles felt fine but then the notchiness came back. It does move very easily, basically no stiction, just the notchiness.

Any ideas? Semi-bath oil instead of grease? I thought I'd figured it out and resolved, but apparently not.

3041 - 3053 of 3053 Posts