Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3053 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just try bleeding it again and be a little quicker about putting the screws in this time. It's normal for the bladder to be sucked down a little at full extension but that seems a little excessive IMO
But after bleeding everything is ok. I do it as quick as possible, you even can not do it faster because it is impossible to put screws immediately. So it seems like the oil is getting out during working...

·
Registered
491 Posts
29+ Magnum/Mattoc goes to 120mm. The 27+/29" goes to 140mm factory and I've safely got 150mm from them.

Mezzer at less than 140mm will have a lot of negative air so you'll probably need more air pressure to keep it up.
Cool. for some reason it was stuck in my head that this is undoable...

so a normal 29" Mattoc is easily (?) converted? is it done by removing spacers from the airshaft or by swapping air shaft?
are all the mattoc3 compatible with this change? (can this one support 130? 150?)

thanks !

Oren

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
But after bleeding everything is ok. I do it as quick as possible, you even can not do it faster because it is impossible to put screws immediately. So it seems like the oil is getting out during working...
Is that the damper after you've been riding it? Or immediately after bleeding?

I bled mine, then removed the top syringe and put a screw in. Then I pushed in more fluid with the bottom syringe until the bladder was bulging out a slight amount. Removed the lower syringe and put a screw in. By the time the screw was in, some of the fluid had been lost, but the net result was a filled bladder.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Has anyone done anything with wiper seals? It looks like the Manitou wipers are the only ones currently available. I was curious about SKF or ARI seals (or perhaps the Manitou seals are made by SKF).

Seems like the stock wipers are great actually, but I'm evaluating my options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is that the damper after you've been riding it? Or immediately after bleeding?

I bled mine, then removed the top syringe and put a screw in. Then I pushed in more fluid with the bottom syringe until the bladder was bulging out a slight amount. Removed the lower syringe and put a screw in. By the time the screw was in, some of the fluid had been lost, but the net result was a filled bladder.
Yes, the damper is like this after about 2 weeks of riding.
Are you doing it with the damper flat or straight up?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, the damper is like this after about 2 weeks of riding.
when you pulled out the damper the first time was it compressed from the factory like it is now? if it was then I'd say your damper may need to be warrantied.

Apart from that you didn't happen to touch the Allen head screw under the HSC dial for the excess fluid blowoff from the bladder & it's now too soft.
Other possibles may be a seal, a hole in the bladder , the bladder lock ring not seating properly, a leak from the threads of the tube & bladder nut.

I found in the past pulling everything apart ,cleaning & reassembling again sometimes works to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
when you pulled out the damper the first time was it compressed from the factory like it is now? if it was then I'd say your damper may need to be warrantied.

Apart from that you didn't happen to touch the Allen head screw under the HSC dial for the excess fluid blowoff from the bladder & it's now too soft.
Other possibles may be a seal, a hole in the bladder , the bladder lock ring not seating properly, a leak from the threads of the tube & bladder nut.

I found in the past pulling everything apart ,cleaning & reassembling again sometimes works to resolve the issue.
You mean this screw?
Yes, last time I unscrewed it. So something bad could happen to it? But there was no oil in that area.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
You mean this screw?
Yes, last time I unscrewed it. So something bad could happen to it? But there was no oil in that area.
yes that one, perhaps email manitou about the correct procedure/setting/height for it as it may have lowered the pressure required to automatically bleed fluid from the damper in normal use( to stop the bladder bursting from excess fluid/ingestion), which may be the problem your having.

Edit: just a starting point to eliminate possible causes.

·
Rider 10 "
43 Posts
Anyone is running one edc threaded tool in the mezzer? I am planning to buying a mezzer but I'm using the edc tool in my actual fox and I love it. Anyone knows if it fits the steerer tube?

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone is running one edc threaded tool in the mezzer? I am planning to buying a mezzer but I'm using the edc tool in my actual fox and I love it. Anyone knows if it fits the steerer tube?

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk
Does fit. Friend is running one in his Mezzer. There is nothing special with it's steerer that would prevent it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Was there every any conclusion on if the 8/6/20 dated forks are on the new rebound tune? That's still the date on remaining forks being sold by Manitou right now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I see people talking about running this at 120 but has anyone ever actually done it? i'm very tempted! (need a 29 fork for hard tail and the mattoc is the same weight + in stock). I understand that the neg air spring would be huge, but isnt that what vorsprung is going with some of their secus and luftkappe? Intend with the bandit? .... anyone have a spare couple travel spacers they'd be willing to share?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I currently have a dvo onyx and it performs flawlessly. I want to mullet my bike and put a 29 mezzer up front at 160, 51 mm offset. Can anyone recommend an Europeen online store that sells the latest version of the fork? I ve found on bike 24 they claim that it is. The my 21 and on r2 bike it seems peetty legit too. Thank you very much!

·
damned rocks...
2,550 Posts
Hi everyone! I currently have a dvo onyx and it performs flawlessly. I want to mullet my bike and put a 29 mezzer up front at 160, 51 mm offset. Can anyone recommend an Europeen online store that sells the latest version of the fork? I ve found on bike 24 they claim that it is. The my 21 and on r2 bike it seems peetty legit too. Thank you very much!
I got mine from Starbike: Manitou Mezzer Pro suspension fork buying - www.starbike.com
I got the 29er 44mm MY20, but don't recall if it's September or October from 2020.
The lowers have the bleed ports and the bushings are just perfect, they slide freely and there is no play.
They have the 29er 51mm in stock for now, and they offer free shipping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bought my set of Mezzers from bike-discount.de in late December. They have the bleed ports.

3001 - 3020 of 3053 Posts