Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Not a role model
1,312 Posts
Why don't forks normally extend past the dropouts like that? Weight savings? Figure that opens up opportunity for structural benefit, like wider bushing spacing.

*looks at gram shaving pockets carved out of the side of dropouts* *estimates that's about 1 sticker worth of weight saved* *goes to look up that DT Plushport fork's chassis design*

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where’s the HBO? Is it fixed i.e not adjustable or removed? Looking forward to more details.
Guess we'll have to wait for release.
FWIW I run my HBO fully closed.

Why don't forks normally extend past the dropouts like that? Weight savings? Figure that opens up opportunity for structural benefit, like wider bushing spacing.
If you want the same chassis to do different wheel sizes, then you can just move the axle and brake mounts up and down the leg.
Longer travel needs longer tubes. But it adds material and weight. So it's a trade-off.

The Manitou Sherman (2003-05) and Travis (2006-2008) were done in this style to allow longer travel. 170mm for the Sherman and 203mm for the Travis. But there was only one wheel size back then. It was a simpler time.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If it's a fixed HBO, I wonder if maybe there is more of a TCP+ damper in there? Perhaps the M3zzer name means M3 damper? an MC2 with additional adjustment?

Shock looks pretty sweet too. Looking forward to hearing the details.

·
damned rocks...
2,606 Posts
If it's a fixed HBO, I wonder if maybe there is more of a TCP+ damper in there? Perhaps the M3zzer name means M3 damper? an MC2 with additional adjustment?

Shock looks pretty sweet too. Looking forward to hearing the details.
One of the pictures of the damper top cap has MC2 written on it, so maybe the HBO is only internally adjustable, maybe to save weight and money. On the Magnum I set the HBO once and never touched it again, so not worried if it's only internally adjustable.
I was hoping for a new coil version of the Swinger, let's just hope they will release one soon, before I quit messing with my DPX2 :).

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
I hope its an oversized mattoc. No difference, same internals, just bigger. The only very slight issue with my mattoc is that its not quite as stiff as the xfusion it replaced. Running a mattoc at 160 is good, but not perfect. This would be perfect!

I was always surprised that the old ISX6 didnt catch on more. It was incredible.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts