Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I installed one of these on my SC Tallboy 1. I really like it. When I set it up I found that I got about 20% sag with 140 pounds of air pressure. I am about 195 when on the bike. This seems super, super low. I had run about 200 on Fox and RockShox products.

Anyone else notice that they have to run theirs at lower pressures?

I started at 200 and it was very harsh and had little sag.

Also have noticed it leaks air after a few days.

Matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I'm slightly heavier than you on a chiner bike and run mine at 150psi. With the remote lockout on mine, it's decent in open mode and closed mode it's damn near a hard tail but has enough give over those sharp bumps.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm ~170 lbs. w/o my Camelbak and ~180 lbs. with. For ~25% sag I run 130 psi when not riding with my Camelbak and 140 psi when I do.

edit: on my RP23 it took about 170-175 psi and on my DPS Evol it took 225-235 psi to get btw 25-30% sag.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Seems really low for your weight. I had mine on a slightly different rear suspension (Horst Link) and believe I was running about 90psi and RTR i am ~190#s.

Is the shock new or used? If used, go through the can maintenance and replace the seals and whatnot. Super simple and something that can easily be done in about 45mins.

If the shock is new, you may want to shoot an email to Dougal or Manitou to see what is up. Not sure on your suspension setup needing the King Can or not, but could be a possibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.