Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
tardcore
Joined
·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried this shock on a Spitfire? It looks nice, lots of adjustability for an air shock HSC, LSC, Bottom out control, preload, rebound... I'm thinking of trying one out.
 

Attachments

·
Code Burr
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
PJ, wanna swap rp23's? I have the high compression stock tune and not getting near full travel. Feels real firm. Keep letting air out but starting to bottom and pedal tap too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
Not sure if I´m confusing about terms/applications here, but there is an Evolver with out the twin tube can... wouldn´t it be similar to a small volume shock? or am i way off with my logic....
 

·
Big Gulps, Alright!
Joined
·
3,223 Posts
ritopc said:
Not sure if I´m confusing about terms/applications here, but there is an Evolver with out the twin tube can... wouldn´t it be similar to a small volume shock? or am i way off with my logic....
Not really, since the two air chambers (main and piggyback) are not connected.The main chambers on the two shocks appear to have the same air volume. The inline version of the Evolver lacks the adjustment of the ISX 6 and ISX 4, and only has rebound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
Berkley said:
Not really, since the two air chambers (main and piggyback) are not connected.The main chambers on the two shocks appear to have the same air volume. The inline version of the Evolver lacks the adjustment of the ISX 6 and ISX 4, and only has rebound.
When i said twin tube, i wasn´t refering to the main chamber and piggyback, though. As far as I know, there is a version of the Evover where there is only a can in the main chamber (like the one in the pic of the OP), but there is also twin tube version which has two concentric canisters on the main chamber (twin tubes), similar to those on Fox with large volume sleeves. The twin tube is the one normaly comes on Rune and I think its used to give a linear feel to the air spring. So, a non-twin tube should (using inverse logic) more progressive that the twin tube version.

FWIW, here is a pic of the twin tube version, notice the main chamber is bigger and that there is a silver c-clip on the canister near the shaft. that is how the external (twin tube) canister si fixed to the shock.

ps..I am just assuming a lot of things regarding the purposse of the twin tube is, but it make sense at least for me.
 

Attachments

·
mtbr platinum member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
The 7.5" eye-to-eye ISX-6 only comes in a single-tube version. I believe all larger lengths comes as twin-tube. I have a 7.5" ISX-6 and tried to order a twin tube air sleeve and they aren't available (don't make them separate and can't order entire shock that way).
 

·
Outcast
Joined
·
8,588 Posts
For what it's worth, and sorry that it is spam, but I am selling off a few rear shocks, one of which is the 7.5 by 2 inch X-fusion H3 that was on my 5 spot, which is what I ride and love to ride on my spitty [I have two of them].
I had an ISX-6 on my 5 spot and did not like it for that application.
PJ, it's a nice shock. It's a performer. P.M. me if you have questions.
 

·
Big Gulps, Alright!
Joined
·
3,223 Posts
ritopc said:
When i said twin tube, i wasn´t refering to the main chamber and piggyback, though. As far as I know, there is a version of the Evover where there is only a can in the main chamber (like the one in the pic of the OP), but there is also twin tube version which has two concentric canisters on the main chamber (twin tubes), similar to those on Fox with large volume sleeves. The twin tube is the one normaly comes on Rune and I think its used to give a linear feel to the air spring. So, a non-twin tube should (using inverse logic) more progressive that the twin tube version.

FWIW, here is a pic of the twin tube version, notice the main chamber is bigger and that there is a silver c-clip on the canister near the shaft. that is how the external (twin tube) canister si fixed to the shock.

ps..I am just assuming a lot of things regarding the purposse of the twin tube is, but it make sense at least for me.
Ahh, I gotcha! I've seen that version before (or at least the decals) but never paid close attention to the size of the main chamber air can.

Regardless of what air volume the frame is designed for, I'm of the opinion that the ISX has enough adjustability to work. I've played with this shock quite a bit and by turning a few dials I can go from linear to super progressive (and I do mean SUPER progressive). Dig out a shock pump and the adjustments just go on and on. But I've never ridden a Banshee, so I could be wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Renegade said:
For what it's worth, and sorry that it is spam, but I am selling off a few rear shocks, one of which is the 7.5 by 2 inch X-fusion H3 that was on my 5 spot, which is what I ride and love to ride on my spitty [I have two of them].
I had an ISX-6 on my 5 spot and did not like it for that application.
PJ, it's a nice shock. It's a performer. P.M. me if you have questions.
PM sent.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top