Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,826 Posts
Look at those dinky crowns. :thumbsup:

In any case, read the article and you'll find out that manitou is deciding what damping system goes into each fork, so the XC forks are supposed to have a "platform" and a firm feel, which means that if you want a good short travel fork with plush suspension(like an old Z2), manitou ain't going to give it to you.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
There was a non-SPV Manipoo on a Heckler at Interbike that felt really nice. A Firefly? Can't recall. All the others were horrible. I should add that the two WB forks we rode were worse.

I'm not going there again until Fox, Zoke, and Rockshox start making really horrible products.

·
Registered
291 Posts
tscheezy said:
I'm not going there again until Fox, Zoke, and Rockshox start making really horrible products.
Fox seems to be going downhill. Under damped shocks, bad seals….Also how many people have had their RP3 and DHX Airs stuck down. A buddy of mine has gone through 3 DHX coils in one year.

Personally I think fox is way too over hyped.

Although I love my FX100 with enduro seals.

·
Living the Dream
1,798 Posts
The thing I hate about Manipou

Is having to go through my LBS to get an RA and send them my fork in when something goes wrong. Their CS is pretty poor. Then I have to keep hasseling my LBS to call them etc. No thanks. I'd much rather deal with Ronny at Marzocchi.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
cactuscorn said:
Manitou, getting any love in 07?

nope. not from me. next!
secondededed

Who the hell needs a fork to lock out pedaling forces?

steezy: what is it with WB xc forks? The dh forks rule but I've still never ridden one of the single crowns that were worth a damn.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
They were both singlecrown 29er forks on Lenz bikes. I'm not a WB guy, so I can't tell you exactly what models. One had so much bushing slop I thought they had forgotten to actually even put bushings in it, and the other was utterly ho-hum. I think they are fugly so I did not pay much attention after that.

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
airwreck said:
just thought there marketing approach towards the '07 product line was interesting.

those forks sound scary to me.
See, that's the thing with manitou, it's all marketing. I have yet to try a Manitou product that works or doesn't break. I had an old SX Ti that crapped out, my Minute one that came on my Specialized was pure garbage, I'm really not happy with the Swinger on my Burner. I can't recall one fork from them that I liked. Too much plastic also.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Have a 04 Sherman Firefly Plus. I hated it and it just leans against the wall in the garage. No small bump feel and if you lowered the SPV to any close to minimum it would lose all pressure in 3 miles. Might just consider giving it to someone but that would be mean.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,826 Posts
Unknownrash said:
See, that's the thing with manitou, it's all marketing. I have yet to try a Manitou product that works or doesn't break. I had an old SX Ti that crapped out, my Minute one that came on my Specialized was pure garbage, I'm really not happy with the Swinger on my Burner. I can't recall one fork from them that I liked. Too much plastic also.
One-season products.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.