Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
I'm sure I'm just missing your statement here, but why do you want IS adapters when your fork is a post mount? Sorry, I'm a Hayes and Avid user, but I know Magura and maybe some others don't use the more common 74mm adapter system. Is that what you're dealing with, as far as it relates to a particular brake system? What brakes are you trying to fit?

I just thought...does a Dorado have a unique or replaceable brake mount system different from other forks? I've never seen one in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only Manitou made the adaptors for this fork. The three different adaptors were bolted directly to the fork depending on what you needed. There was no standard adaptor on the fork at delivery.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You sir are absolutely correct in that they're not availible from Manitou. I do however have a line on a local LBS that apparently has a lot of NOS Manitou stuff. I'll check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The adapter pictured will not work w/ a dorado (but it would for any 74mm pm fork). The dorado is an inverted fork, so the stanchions are at the axle/hub rather than the crown. Therefore, manitou used a postmount esque mounting system that is closer to a 22mm spacing. My friends bike has a dorado on it, and i'll try to post a picture of how it is set up w/ the proper adapter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree that you need the proprietary IS adaptor to fit your 755 brake. Judging by the picture in the Dorado owners manual I think you will find that the IS adaptor is 203mm only.

Just a thought: if you bought a 765 caliper and fitted this instead of the 755 you could use the PM adaptor....

Kris

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I thought about buying a M765 caliper however I'd done that for my Travis Single 150 and didn't want another front caliper kicking around. Also like braking power of the M755 better.
Just got back from "On Top Bike Shop" in North Vancouver who had the required adaptor
in stock.
Here's a picture in case anyone's interested. Thanks to all who offered interest and input...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts