Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 08 Manitou Minute MRD Absolute for Jenson for 340.00. Killer deal as this fork regularly goes for way more.

Got the fork home and installed it on my bike. During the installation the lower brake bolt (post mount) was a bit stubborn to install. The last turn or two required a bit of extra strength to tighten the bolt down. Well what had happened was that the bolt was a bit too long and when I cranked it down to hold the caliper in place it pierced the lower casting of the fork.:eek: So when I remove the bolt the fork bath oil drains out the hole. The bolt is essentially working like a drain plug. Obviously this is not a good situation.

I emailed Manitou and explained the problem. The emailed back quickly and after a few exchanges they issued me an RMA for the fork. They replaced the casting and had the fork back to me in 10 days! They even sent me some shorter bolts. Thanks Manitou you guys are awesome!:thumbsup:

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,590 Posts
They do have great customer service (sent me a Travis Intrinsic for free), but I've had bad experiences with their forks. I loved my Swinger SPV though, super plush.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts