Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 100mm Manitou circus expert on my dirt jump bike since January, been working fine till last couple of days when the compression knob seems to have stopped working right. It locks out fine, but if it's not locked out the compression doesn't seem to change no matter what the position the knob is in.

I can send it back for warranty, but is this likely to be a problem that can be fixed under warranty or is it just a use issue? Any thoughts would be appreciated, don't want to loose use of it sending it off for a warranty if I just end up paying for a service anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly that. I've tried testing it with a few different pressures and one click from lockout feels the same as completely open. If I had to guess, the compression feels like what it should do one click from lockout through the knobs travel, but it's hard to tell.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Exactly that. I've tried testing it with a few different pressures and one click from lockout feels the same as completely open. If I had to guess, the compression feels like what it should do one click from lockout through the knobs travel, but it's hard to tell.
That's an interesting one I have not come across before. The lock out working means the shim stack in intact, and the LSC needle is bottoming out as designed. Something must happen with the needle when you open it that is allowing more oil to pass than designed. Its an odd issue to say the least.

Email [email protected] and let them know whats going on. They will get your sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.