Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
All bow down to pigeontoe
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which fork should I get? Manitou Black super 80mm or Manitou Skareb super 80mm. The only difference that I can tell is that the Black has 30mm stanchions and the Skareb has 28.6mm stanchions. I'm leaning towards the Black because I'm 6' 2" 220 and I want a stiff shock. I'm not really concerned about weight. It will be put on a Specialized S-works M-4 hardtail. Any tips?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Definately get the Black. The only difference between the two is the Skareb is .1 pounds lighter which pretty much makes it pointless given the black is quite a bit stronger.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
MOMBIOUSHIBACHI said:
Which fork should I get? Manitou Black super 80mm or Manitou Skareb super 80mm. The only difference that I can tell is that the Black has 30mm stanchions and the Skareb has 28.6mm stanchions. I'm leaning towards the Black because I'm 6' 2" 220 and I want a stiff shock. I'm not really concerned about weight. It will be put on a Specialized S-works M-4 hardtail. Any tips?

Get the Black, but don't expect it to be stiff. I am 200 lbs and find my 2004 Black Super to be very flexy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts