Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Sugar 4 with a Black up front (I believe it is the Comp model) and the rest at XT level. A mechanic at one of my LBS' said that the rebound adjustment was not working, and that the rebound was the same even if the adjustment knob was moved. Is rebound adjustment really that important, and is there an easy way to fix that within the shock? I do like the bike a great deal, and even though I would love to get a new Turner 5 Spot or a Titus Switchblade or a Blur, I could use this for a while. Is a front fork upgrade worth the money? Thanks as always for any input.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
aspang said:
I have an 02 Sugar 4 with a Black up front (I believe it is the Comp model) and the rest at XT level. A mechanic at one of my LBS' said that the rebound adjustment was not working, and that the rebound was the same even if the adjustment knob was moved. Is rebound adjustment really that important, and is there an easy way to fix that within the shock? I do like the bike a great deal, and even though I would love to get a new Turner 5 Spot or a Titus Switchblade or a Blur, I could use this for a while. Is a front fork upgrade worth the money? Thanks as always for any input.
Rebound adjustments aren't important -- unless you've got too much or too little of it.

No, this is no reason to throw away your bike, nor is it a good excuse (not that you need one) to get a new fork. Your shop may be able to rebuild your damping cartridge, or if not, order a new one from Manitou for not too much money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
rebound adjustment

I had a Axel Super and my partner had a Black Elite and I swear I could not tell the difference when I adjusted the rebound nob on either shock. I would not worry about your so called "broken" rebound knob unless you don't like the rebound of the shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.