Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
College
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where you could purchase a stronger spring and how to install it, as every else has done.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
b12yan88 said:
I was wondering where you could purchase a stronger spring and how to install it, as every else has done.
I don't have any experience with the Axel specifically, but it shouldn't be too much different than the other Manitou forks.

Go to http://www.AnswerProducts.com , visit their tech link, download the Service instructions for your particular year of fork and look up their various spring kits in thier parts list. Then visit their dealer link to find a LBS in your area that deals with Manitou.

With part number in hand, your local shop. Twenty dollars and three days later you should have your spring.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Easy cake...

Basically... all you have to do is to release all the preload and unscrew the left leg top cap with a hex wrench or die.

Follow the specific instructions on manitou site but the marvelous thing about manitous is that they are soo easy to service. Especially lower models like ours (I have and Axel too).

I need a lighter spring as I get correct sag with the preload dial fully out. But I like it like it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts