Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I went to ride near the gap at 7am it was 80* and the gap lot was already packed and right now at 10:23am its 96:madmax: at Castle Rock

·
bike buster
1,196 Posts
Tell me about it. I built up my new bike last night and was hoping to get a ride in today. I just hopped on and rode around the neighborhood (maybe 3 miles) at nearly zero effort and am pouring in sweat.

Yeah, good day to stay inside... go to the movies... whatever. Stay cool!

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
The good weather was nice while it lasted...:)
100 deg up here in Chico - kinda feels a bit humid too :(

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, unless you're from Arizona or some other scorching location and are used to riding in this heat, don't even bother today. The coast would be your best bet right now.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Yeah it is! I went to a bike swap meet, got out of the truck at 745 and my back was shirt was sweaty almost immediately.

The summer weather is here.

Time to bike in Oregon. hah

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
Yup, definitely hot. I rode Water Dog at 6:30 this morning, and it was nearly 80° by the time I reached the top of Rambler. I only had a quart of water, which ran out on my second lap.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just got back from Skeggs. I started out at 8:30. It was very warm. I stopped to adjust my seat after riding for an hour, the sweat just poured out of helmet. As long as I was moving the temp didn't feel to bad.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Buzz Cut said:
when I went to ride near the gap at 7am it was 80* and the gap lot was already packed and right now at 10:23am its 96:madmax: at Castle Rock
Yup didn't get to 4 corners until 9:00 AM and parking was crazy.

Awesome day though!

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Uugghh

Buzz Cut said:
I think I have mild heat stroke or heat exhaustion. Did 18 miles at tamarancho and pine mountain. Felt sluggish, nausious, dizzy and weak the whole time. Now I'm at Iron Springs Brewery, 'cooling off.'

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
Fiendbear said:
Yeah, unless you're from Arizona or some other scorching location and are used to riding in this heat, don't even bother today. The coast would be your best bet right now.
Some of us in the north valley are in 'scorching' locations and frequently have temps that surpass Arizona's. In fact a few years ago, when I was in Redding, we had the hottest temp on the planet! :eekster: (that day of course - 118deg. I believe)
I'll gladly take my old San Diego weather right now...I bet the beach is sitting at 60degs. right now - it is in the middle of the "May greys" and the "June glooms"

·
Log off and go ride!
1,815 Posts
Went riding yesterday and all the water forced me to alter my route. The creek crossings that I normally just ride through are rampaging whitewater.

On the plus side -- this means the higher elevation trails will be open soon.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,019 Posts
It's 106 in Pleasant town and 104 in the town of Wild Cats right now and it's only 1:30. I'll get another reading at prime time... 4pm.

I just finished installing a window air conditioner and that's where I'll be all day.

fc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Did a road ride from Berkeley Hills to Castro Valley and back - 56mi total. Started at 7am and it was cool, climbing Pinehurst on the way back was brutal in the sun.

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
Its already ninety

Buzz Cut said:
GT / touring cars from laguna seca and basketball. house is @ a comfy 71 degrees.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
francois said:
It's 106 in Pleasant town and 104 in the town of Wild Cats right now and it's only 1:30. I'll get another reading at prime time... 4pm.

I just finished installing a window air conditioner and that's where I'll be all day.

fc
Jeeez... I expect the valley (especially North-Valley) to be HOT, but the BA??!!
what ever happened to "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" - M.T.

I, too have fired up the AC for the first time - and I'm a 'meter-miser' :)
Are you guys humid in the YAY-Area?

·
Two Tired
396 Posts
Rode the Gap starting at about 9:00 this morning. The parking lot was full, but the trails weren't packed. We tried to talk a group of 4 out of their ride out to Alpine Road and over to Stevens Canyon since one of their riders had only a third of a water bottle left at the Christmas Tree farm, but they insisted they would be fine.

It was warm, but nothing a bottle or two of chilled "electrolyte" couldn't fix.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
We rode santa teresa today and started at about 930. I have no idea how hot it was but talk about zapping your energy. Went up to the tower, down rocky ridge the hit stiles. Not too many others out there because they are much smarter than our group. Sometimes a good hot ride is fun but have to be safe and drink lots of water. I froze my camelbak last night and the icecold water was awesome.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts