Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just opened a package from Cutters and have recieved
some XP E leds along side some MCE and They are pretty darn tiny.

I would not like to try to solder just the emitter it is small enough on a 10 mm board.

here is a piccy

I have no idea yet what I am gionfg to do with them yet.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
msxtr said:
Hi, why you have bought the led MC-E without star? that is more dificult to solder and put this in the heatsink....

The XP E led is very small....

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr
Very good question and now I am not so sure I had a plan for the MCEs Yes I got 6 like that . :confused:

I just want them in parallel so thought it would be easy ( I like a Challenge)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Parallel soldering of the MC-E is so easy.

Plain emitter without star provides better thermal path, reduced temp, longer life, lower voltage, better battery life etc etc etc....

I'm using bare emitter on the light I'm working on.

·
Registered
766 Posts
WOW

I cant wait to see some beam shots and some of the xp-e optics.So many questions... Did you get them from cutter? Are they R2 bin? They are supposed to work with xr-e optics quite well but I would like to see some ~12mm stuff. With your output I fully expect to see the smallest brightest helmet light ever in a under a week.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
il2mb said:
Did you get the triple optics for the XP-E? I'm looking forward to trying a couple of 20mm triples with XPE in my case. I'm thinking the beam should be pretty tight.
:sad: I have no optics at all for the XPE sadly I just added a few to an order to see what their useage could be .

not sure which optics to try yet

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
troutie-mtb said:
I have no idea yet what I am gionfg to do with them yet.
These are throw monsters due to smaller apparent die size, they are the anti MC-E. :devil:

How about putting them in series with your dual MC-E instead of the XR-E R2s, try some tight XR-E optics. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.