Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael Delongchamp of Placitas will be sentenced on Aug 3rd for stting traps on trails to injure mountain bikers. He plead guilty on April 30th. He faces 20 years and a $250,000 fine. He is also no longer allowed on federal forest land unless accompanied by his attorney and only if it is for investigative purposes.

As I was trying to find this information I learned about all the traps that were set. He did the usual ones. Wire strung at "neck" level. Which injured a runner. A pit with a carpet and dirt over it and a few "beds of nails".

He was also the director of an anger management type place.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
krank said:
Michael Delongchamp of Placitas will be sentenced on Aug 3rd for stting traps on trails to injure mountain bikers. He plead guilty on April 30th. He faces 20 years and a $250,000 fine. He is also no longer allowed on federal forest land unless accompanied by his attorney and only if it is for investigative purposes.

As I was trying to find this information I learned about all the traps that were set. He did the usual ones. Wire strung at "neck" level. Which injured a runner. A pit with a carpet and dirt over it and a few "beds of nails".

He was also the director of an anger management type place.
Was he really Director of an anger management program? That's too much. My wife's old neighbor was a total cokenose who became Director of a drug rehab unit. I guess they have real world experience or something.

·
Registered
230 Posts
we have a guy just like that in San Diego

in Anderson Truck Trail in Alpine. We call him Billy Bobcat. ATT is a pretty popular downhill course, in fact, Mike King and Team Haro train there. New World Disorder 3 featured King riding down it.

Anyway, this Billy Bobcat is hated by mountian bikers in San Diego, he's not as bad as that guy who got convicted but he does some pretty hoorrible things. He dug a couple of trenches here and there, a couple of of wooden planks with nails. He also fenced out a part of land that was his, according to him. But the fence extended so far into the mountain that mountain bikers had to crawl their way across a ledge while carrying their bikes to continue down the trail. If you slipped, it was a looong way down. He also sneaks up trees and waits for mountain bikers to pass bellow and drops rattle snakes on them. The bikers are going so fast that they usually don't notice but a kid about 14yrs almost got bitten. His neighbors are scared too are trying to warn mountain bikers - apprently this guy has a few screws loose in his head.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
intertwined threads

Just after I finished reading reading the "do you carry a fire arm while biking" thread and thinking you'd have to be nuts to carry a gun on your bike, I read about people dropping snakes on you. Oh well.

·
Banned
340 Posts
I wonder

krank said:
Maybe the judge is one of the creative types and could sentence him to watch the TDF
;) . Or volunteer X hours at a community "teach kids to bike" program. Of course, that would be in addition to the jail time and/or fines.

Just a thought,
Dr.F.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts