Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past when hitting Mammoth I've run 2.7 Nevegal up front a 2.5 out back. Now that I've a DH bike with 823's and an assortment of UST tires I want to go the tubeless route.

Below is a list of the tires I have. What combo does everyone recommend?

Michelin DH32 (2.8) x 1
Michelin DH24 (2.5) x 2
Hutchinson Barracuda MRC low MX casing (2.5) x 2
Hutchinson Barracuda MRC med MX casing (2.3) x 2
Hutchinson Barracuda MRC med MX casing (2.3) x 1

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
here is what I run

Michelin DH32 (2.8) in front
Michelin DH24 (2.5) in back

this is the only place I run a little less air pressure.....I usually run 30-36psi and at mammoth I run around 22 in front and 26-28 in the rear

·
Registered
39 Posts
Running Specialized Enduro Pro 2Bliss 2.4 front and rear on 823s. Makes for light set-up but not sure it would work at Mammoth - i ride New England - not to mention they're getting hard to find.

·
Professional Troll
2,778 Posts
nizer said:
Running Specialized Enduro Pro 2Bliss 2.4 front and rear on 823s. Makes for light set-up but not sure it would work at Mammoth - i ride New England - not to mention they're getting hard to find.
Lol, northeast and mammoth are basically completely different

·
Registered
659 Posts
Someone suggested I run smaller tires in the kitty litter to cut through it rather than float over the top of it.

I run 2.7 front and 2.7 rear and they suggested I run 2.35 rear and 2.5 front. I haven't tried this new idea yet, but it might be another way to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I Run A 2.7 Front & 2.5 Rear Both Tires With Dh Casing.i Ran A Wtb Weirwolf On The Rear & Got Two Pinch Flats In One Day,one At Ths End Of Velosity & One At The End Of Bullit.running A High Roller This Year With Dh Casing In Rear & Kenda Blue Grove In Front.

Intense M1!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.