Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can anyone shed some information on which of the mammoth trails are the smoothest of the freeride trails. Also, when they say freeride trails are they smoother than the downhill trails, or have they excavated rocks like on livewire or a-line, because those two trails are super smooth. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you have a picture of you hitting the flow drop, why do you keep asking questions about Mammoth?

You know whats there, you've been there before

and because YOU and everyone else on this board knows that there are no REAL trails open YET at Mammoth you still start threads asking about Mammoth

Give it a rest!

When at least the mid-mountain is open, then you can TRY to pump up the hype about mammoth, but not before :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off that's not me. I simply like to ride at mammoth, so i put the coolest picture of mammoth ( I think) i could find as my picture. you know what they say about assuming... It makes an ass out of you and ME! Give it a rest. I'm simply asking about what the trails are like. I've been to mammoth a couple times but haven't been able to ride the more difficult trails. I want to know what the smoother trails are so i can start on those and get better before i go balls to the wall. GEEEZ. You people piss me off! you know everything don't you!?

·
Registered
659 Posts
kingofthemountain82 said:
First off that's not me. I simply like to ride at mammoth, so i put the coolest picture of mammoth ( I think) i could find as my picture. you know what they say about assuming... It makes an ass out of you and ME! Give it a rest. I'm simply asking about what the trails are like. I've been to mammoth a couple times but haven't been able to ride the more difficult trails. I want to know what the smoother trails are so i can start on those and get better before i go balls to the wall. GEEEZ. You people piss me off! you know everything don't you!?
I'll ASS-U-ME that when someone posted a question about mammoth, and you responded

Actually, if you go soon, they are doing this thing where for a limited time, the tickets are already discounted due to only the bottom being open. Other than that, all i can say is to buy a season pass in advance before the opening they are severely discounted and you just have to go 4 times to pay it off . Awesome deal!. Sorry that's all I have for you. have fun!
that you might ALREADY know a little bit about mammoth, also I'm assuming you might have gotten some information from your other threads about Mammoth!

like: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=422174

with a statement like this:
Is it just me or does it seem that no one really gives a rip about mammoth. Everyone is so focused on N* or Whistler or Keystone. Can anyone explain this to me because personally i am super excited for mammoth to open and i can't wait to use my pass.
and there is this oldie but goodie: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=419332

with a question like:
Does Anyone know what the trail PIPELINE at mammoth mountain is like. I heard somewhere that Pipeline is most like A line at whistler. I am also curious about how smooth and flowy flow really is. Is it rocky or is it super smooth?
And when someone asked what is the best DH trails near LA you responded with this:
HAHAHAHAHAHA that's one funny question. The closest thing we have to a real "resort" is a few newly scratched trails at vail lake resort which isn't even really open yet. Big bear was closed down to Dh bikes but you might be able to sweet talk your way on the lift so you can right there singletrack. Not really downhill, but if you ride it fast enough it's pretty fun. For REAL resort status, Mammoth is the closest and if you drive FAST you can get there in 4 hours. But i doubt it's open yet.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now, I have nothing against Mammoth.

but really, who are you trying to fool, do you think we can't read, or remember the posts you put up 1, 2, or three weeks ago?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
To start easy check ShotGun. It's already open so plenty of time to practice.
Then progress to the FollowMe (lower section is accessible through Paper Route). Lower Bullit (starting from Paper Route) will give you nice run for a money without breaking a neck.

Once Mid mountain opens try Richter? or was that Ricochet? whetever trail spoon off the top from the Flow. Besides, I found Velocity is fairly smooth once they took of the root drop into the sand pit with 90 degree turn after it.

But then agin, if Shot Gun would cause troubles stay away from Diamonds.
I would rate DC10 and Chainsmoke the hardest since there is no bypasses on the some of the hardest features like on Flow or Bullit.

·
pwn3rator
3,640 Posts
fuk you...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou! Someone finally answered a question. The reason i have 2 or 3 or 4 posts about mammoth is because most are questions, which turn into either a bash on someone (this is the first one started by me) or turn 90 degrees and go on to some other strange unrelated topic. I'm glad someone can look past the bickering and focus on the main topic. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.