Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's another sick vid of that sick mountain!!! We've got some spots left for the trip in a couple weeks if you want to get the heck out of this here heck hole...

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
Been several times over the years since the early 90s'. Each time was better than the last since they are awys expending. Lots of loose pumic soil that floats out from under the tires...worse the sand. Bring your surfing skills...not a lot of hard surface for tirse to hook up on except for the made made stuff. Also very dusty at times.

Who's been? Who's planning on going...

this place looks sick and just a short 9 hours away!!!

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Epic...I've heard they have dumped a bunch of $$$ into the park and have pretty much paved some of the trails with that concrete surface. A bunch of guys went in June and had the time of their lives! Totally Gnar Approved:cornut:

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
Teh last time I was there 5 or 7 years ago the place was really blown out and not really fun to ride. From the vids, they have been busy up there paving the trails!! I doubt that I will go back, not my cup of tea anymore...better ridng for me up in Tahoe 3 hours futher north. :thumbsup:

Epic...I've heard they have dumped a bunch of $$$ into the park and have pretty much paved some of the trails with that concrete surface. A bunch of guys went in June and had the time of their lives! Totally Gnar Approved:cornut:

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,318 Posts
Those guys lay better brick than those boys at home depot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Went there 18 years ago, totally awesome, went 42.5 mph max speed on the kamakazi trail. The gondolas were a nice touch too. Lots of great single track back then that seemed to wind down the mountain for miles. Have fun

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Thinking about heading up that way after the I-bike Dirt Demo this year. How late in the fall do they usually stay open?

What tires work best for the loose pumice? Big sticky rubber DH tires with deep lugs, I would assume?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts