Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of friends & I are thinking about rollin up to Mammoth in August. I have found that you have to fly into Reno & rent a car to get to Mammoth. Does anyone know of any alternatives? The Crest bus line only can carry 2 bikes a day:rolleyes: . Once in Mammoth is a car needed? How about ideas on a cool place to stay?

Any tricks would be appreciated.

·
Phil from San Diego
581 Posts
don't know where you are comming from so I can't help you there...

but once you get into mammoth, you don't really need a car if you stay near the gondolas or the village where the shuttles run.

I like the MammothMountain Inn.. it's right at the gondola that takes you to the top, very convienent and I think the rates are pretty decent.

I met someone who there was a RV camp site where he was set up his tent... they had hot water and shower.. that would be the economical way to go...

have fun and good luck!

Phil.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Take Advantage of the Village

Prexus2005 said:
don't know where you are comming from so I can't help you there...

but once you get into mammoth, you don't really need a car if you stay near the gondolas or the village where the shuttles run.

I like the MammothMountain Inn.. it's right at the gondola that takes you to the top, very convienent and I think the rates are pretty decent.

I met someone who there was a RV camp site where he was set up his tent... they had hot water and shower.. that would be the economical way to go...

have fun and good luck!

Phil.
If you won't have a car, check out the Village Lodging at http://www.mammothmountain.com/plan/lodging/ at least you will be close to a number of bars and restaurants for the evening's entertainment. It gets very quiet up at the base of the lifts. You can buy shuttle/lift tickets from some of the hotels in the Village, or possibly even the sports shop, so you can use the shuttle to get up to the lifts.

One not to be missed opportunity is to do Uptown/Downtown at night (of course after you buy the lift ticket). Its the most fun you can have on two wheels at night up there. Just watch out for the bears!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.