Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really north or southern california, but what are some good trails in and around the Mammoth Lakes, Ca area? I am not referring to the slope of the ski resort (DUH) as I already know about that!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I only know one off the mtn

Lower rock creek; it has some rock gardens and parallells the creek the whole way. I've omly completed it as a shuttle but it can be done as an out and back ride. I like it better than the mountain myself.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
daves4mtb said:
Not really north or southern california, but what are some good trails in and around the Mammoth Lakes, Ca area? I am not referring to the slope of the ski resort (DUH) as I already know about that!
I don't recall the name and haven't ridden it, but have heard there is a trail that runs up towards Mammoth Lakes above town. More towards Old Mammoth and not towards the resort, if that makes sense.

I gotta believe there's stuff out there in the forest, off the map, but nobody is talking.

·
Registered
914 Posts
They are building a bike path from town up to lake mary (past the panorama dome). I was there last summer and they completed the path from town to the lower twin lake. But its all asphault. It follows along side lake mary road (not old mammoth road).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.