Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the Mamasita on the video and other coverage here on MTBR, I'm very stoked. Question is, will there be sizing for us short folk? 14" maybe?

Also any sizing recommendations for the Chili Con Crosso and Campeon for a rider 5'5", 30" inseam, normally rides a 50cm roadie and a 16" (26er) mtb?

Thanks...you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thanks

Lord Taipan said:
Saw the Mamasita on the video and other coverage here on MTBR, I'm very stoked. Question is, will there be sizing for us short folk? 14" maybe?

Also any sizing recommendations for the Chili Con Crosso and Campeon for a rider 5'5", 30" inseam, normally rides a 50cm roadie and a 16" (26er) mtb?

Thanks...you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!
First, thanks for the support. Now onto sizing. Mamasita. Right now, there are limits and we will producing small, medium, large, & xl. It is roughly the same as a 16,18,20 & 22". I vaguely recall us discussing this before with the Dos Niner. Take a look at the El Mariachi size small standover and TT length to see how this compares to what you normally ride. The Mamasita will not have the seat tube brace like the Dos and El Mariachi, so the overall seat tube length is much shorter.

Regarding the Chile Con Crosso, take a look at your road bike and buy the frame with the same size TT as your road bike. The Chile has a 3 cm drop, meaning a 53 fits like a 56cm frame, a 47 fits like a a 50, etc.

If you've got further questions on sizing, please give us a call at 877 Moto Ace.

Thanks again.

Jason

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason, You've got some memory on you. Looking at the El Mariachi sizing I think the small would be fine. I'd probably just use a shorter stem. I can't wait to have a (or more than one) Salsa in the barn.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Pretty Close

Lord Taipan said:
Hey...while I'm at it do you think pricing will be close to what the Moto Rapido is? Need to start saving the pennies.......
Pricing is determined by the bike shop(s), but yes, it shouldn't be too far off. It's got new downtube, new chainstays, and a new carbon seat stay. I'm guessing you'll see them between $815 and $845.

Jason

·
Registered
233 Posts
Tim, What information is available on the Mamasita. I have not seen specs on the bike, just the photo on the Interbike forum. I will be in the market for a mtn bike and would consider both the Mamasita and the El Maraichi. I understand the El Maraichi is one of your complete bikes where the Mamasita would need to be built by either my lbs or
qbp. Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
Information coming soon

black cross said:
Tim, What information is available on the Mamasita. I have not seen specs on the bike, just the photo on the Interbike forum. I will be in the market for a mtn bike and would consider both the Mamasita and the El Maraichi. I understand the El Maraichi is one of your complete bikes where the Mamasita would need to be built by either my lbs or
qbp. Thanks
Now that all specs on the Mamasita are final, I hope to get the information up on our site soon. Yes, the Mamasita will need to built to spec. The El Mariachi will be availale as a complete bike in Superior Blue or as a frame in blue or green.

Jaosn

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Salsa Cycles said:
Now that all specs on the Mamasita are final, I hope to get the information up on our site soon. Yes, the Mamasita will need to built to spec. The El Mariachi will be availale as a complete bike in Superior Blue or as a frame in blue or green.

Jaosn
Jason......what are the chances you'd post a parts list from the sub 21lb'er off the Interbike video?

·
Registered
798 Posts
No Problem

Lord Taipan said:
Jason......what are the chances you'd post a parts list from the sub 21lb'er off the Interbike video?
Frame: Medium (18") Mamasita
Fork: Pace
H-Set: King Red
R-Der: SRAM XO
F-Der: SRAM X-Gen
Crank/BB: FSA Mega Exo Carbon, 175mm, 22-32-44
Chain: SRAM Hollow Pin
Cassette: SRAM 990 11-34
Brakes: Hope Mini's, 160mm frt & rear
Shifters: XO Triggers
Shifter Cables: Jagwire
Seat post: Salsa Shaft
Saddle: WTB Devo Ti
Seat Clamp: Salsa Lip Lock, 30.6mm
Grips: Salsa Juegos Lock On w/Red Clamps
Bars: Salsa ProMoto Carbon, 11^, 25.4
Stem: Salsa Pro Scandium, 110mm x 90 degree, 25.4mm
Tires: Kenda Karma 1.9"
Tubes: Salsa 29er tubes
Rim Tape: Velox
Rims: Salsa Delgado Race, 32 hole
Hubs: Hope Pro2, 32hole
Spoke: DT Super Comp
Nipples: DT Alloy
Skewers: Salsa Stainless Frt, Ti rear

20.96 lbs on MTBR's roaming weight guys scale.

As you can see, for the the true weight weenie, there is a lot of weight still to be had with this build.

Jason

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome, Thanks Man, now I can get to shopping. I think a suspension fork may be more what I need however. This bike will be for adventure races, 24hr MTB, an xterra or two, and some 07 season cyclocross perhaps. We'll see how much of that list I can actually muscle out :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.