Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first incarnation of my Mamasita was nice, but I wanted to drop some more weight off of it, to make my "race" bike. (I use the term loosely, Im slow)

I moved all those first gen parts over to build my fiance's Dos. Then, as I was re-building, I found out I had to get that durn fork fixed under re-call, and since the closest 'dale dealer is 75 miles away, I had to send out the lefty for the repair.

During that time, I went kinda nuts with the anodizer while I waited for the fork to be done.

Oh well, here is Mamasita v2.0, 24lbs 4 oz.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Looks fast! I'd love to ride that beauty around some (after changing that front tire though! ;) )

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
So, what parts came anno'd' and what did you have to have done. Were there any hairy moments taking apart, and putting back together the items you had to send out for anno? The X.O looks cool!

G

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G-Live said:
So, what parts came anno'd' and what did you have to have done. Were there any hairy moments taking apart, and putting back together the items you had to send out for anno? The X.O looks cool!

G

An X.0 der takes about 2 hours to re-assemble. And you have to somwhat wreck a few of the bushings to take it apart, and Sram does NOT sell replacements. So I had to make a few parts and buy new O-rings from the hardware store.

Nothing "hairy", but it just takes some time and patience. And confidence that you know what you are doing.

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
chequamagon said:
An X.0 der takes about 2 hours to re-assemble. And you have to somwhat wreck a few of the bushings to take it apart, and Sram does NOT sell replacements. So I had to make a few parts and buy new O-rings from the hardware store.

Nothing "hairy", but it just takes some time and patience. And confidence that you know what you are doing.

Let's see:

2 hours to reassemble
requires wrecking a few of the bushings
Sram does not sell replacement bushings
requires making a few parts
installing new o-rings from a hardware store....

Right. Not hairy at all.:skep:

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
Sorry

I was excited to see your lighter Mamasita, but the pictures are ugly, I wish I hadn't see it. I hope, but doubt, it looks better in person. Sorry, but the red is just too, too much. Anodizing is cool, but to re-anodize Thompson parts is, well, I guess it just isn't my thing. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

After taking a deep breath I have to say your bike probably rides awesome, there are some nice parts. And of course a nice frame.

chequamagon said:
The first incarnation of my Mamasita was nice, but I wanted to drop some more weight off of it, to make my "race" bike. (I use the term loosely, Im slow)

I moved all those first gen parts over to build my fiance's Dos. Then, as I was re-building, I found out I had to get that durn fork fixed under re-call, and since the closest 'dale dealer is 75 miles away, I had to send out the lefty for the repair.

During that time, I went kinda nuts with the anodizer while I waited for the fork to be done.

Oh well, here is Mamasita v2.0, 24lbs 4 oz.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Motivated said:
I was excited to see your lighter Mamasita, but the pictures are ugly, I wish I hadn't see it. I hope, but doubt, it looks better in person. Sorry, but the red is just too, too much. Anodizing is cool, but to re-anodize Thompson parts is, well, I guess it just isn't my thing. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

After taking a deep breath I have to say your bike probably rides awesome, there are some nice parts. And of course a nice frame.

well arent we just a bucket of positivity today?

you didnt hurt my feelings, I like it, hence the reason I built it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts