Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode through today. We moved some loose rocks off the path and planned how to clean the canyon (next time :) )

Pics.
1. Field of rocks
2. Detour
3. Up the berm
4. Let's try another line, OK until step 5
5. Need more momentum

Attachments

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Hmmm...

Those big rocks look exactly like they did when I was last there. I thought we were lost because there sure wasn't much trail to follow! =)

JMH

pacman said:
Rode through today. We moved some loose rocks off the path and planned how to clean the canyon (next time :) )

Pics.
1. Field of rocks
2. Detour
3. Up the berm
4. Let's try another line, OK until step 5
5. Need more momentum

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Impy said:
Looks fun! Lets go next week!
You're on. It's really fun now. Today we fixed one rock so the entire canyon is rideable by average folk like us. I had to ride the last problem section 3 times both ways to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

JMH said:
Those big rocks look exactly like they did when I was last there. I thought we were lost because there sure wasn't much trail to follow! =)
JMH
That's because during the rains the water was over 8 feet deep in the canyon. (I can point out trash washed downstream above your head!) Incredible force that blasted the rocks. Bulldog has been repaired to smoothness. Very different from your pictures!

Attachments

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts
Awful to admit, but I live 5 minutes from Malibu Canyon Rd and have never ridden there. Do you start from the parking area down the hill from Piuma Rd? I've been looking for a close ride to do other than Cheseboro.

thanks

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
415m3 said:
Awful to admit, but I live 5 minutes from Malibu Canyon Rd and have never ridden there. Do you start from the parking area down the hill from Piuma Rd? I've been looking for a close ride to do other than Cheseboro.

thanks
No, that lot leads to a climb to the ridge tops, eventually gets to Bulldog. There is a singletrack across the bridge that drops into Malibu Creek SP.

We start at Malibu Creek State Park, go in and park like any tourist. Easy fireroad to warm you up. If you don't want to pay and don't have a pass, park at the intersection of Mulholland and Las Virgenes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.