Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm changing the handlebars on my geared tandum. My first change was using the Rivendale (Nitto) MTB moustache bars. I didn't like them; too narrow, but they used the twist shifters. Now I'm looking at the Mungo bars; narrower then the the Midge/ Mary bars and compatable with bar end shifters. But there is the possibility of using the Paul thumbies with the bar end shifters. I'm leaning toward the thumbies. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
You can use barend shifters on Midges. They work great.

Also I think the Mungos are the exact same width as the Nitto Moustache bars (if you were using the actual moustache bar as opposed to a north road or some other cruiser bar).

I've used them all (Nitto Moustache, Midge, Mary, WTB Dirt Drop, flipped cruiser bar, Nitto Dirt Drop) and the Midge is my favorite.

Good Luck.

LP

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never used bar end shifters before

lanpope said:
You can use barend shifters on Midges. They work great.

Also I think the Mungos are the exact same width as the Nitto Moustache bars (if you were using the actual moustache bar as opposed to a north road or some other cruiser bar).

I've used them all (Nitto Moustache, Midge, Mary, WTB Dirt Drop, flipped cruiser bar, Nitto Dirt Drop) and the Midge is my favorite.

Good Luck.

LP
How would you compare them to thumb shifters? You know I looked at the Midge bars, but I will be using the bike mainly on the road and they were just too darn wide.

Thanks

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
Mungos

I run Mungos on my ss commuter. Not sure how barend shifters would work (don't shift anymore), but they will fit. If you run the mungos, you may need a high rise stem. I run a 90mm X 40 Deg and it puts the bar clamp even with the seat. I played around with the position for a while (hence the adjustable stem) before I got it right! Now they are nice and comfortable! Good luck!

frog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.