Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I finally decided to have my trusty steed repainted. We did the stripping, autobody shop did the paint. Just picked it up today, turned out a little more 'red' than I wanted. It was supposed to be deep mango (orange), but I'm super happy with it anyways. Excited to get it all put together this weekend. Wahoo. Anybody else freshen' up their ride lately?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Pretty! I have a couple of frames that need some TLC as well, one of these days....

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Sweet!! Jewels, that bike will be beautiful when you get it back together. Can't wait to see the completed pics.

·
scars > tattoos
187 Posts
what kind of process did you use to strip and repaint your fork? i'm really interested in doing this to mine, since it needs a rebuild soon anyway.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
midgetmafiosa said:
what kind of process did you use to strip and repaint your fork? i'm really interested in doing this to mine, since it needs a rebuild soon anyway.
It's a paint stripper (aircraft stripper), it is highly toxic, so thick gloves and burly respirator. Then lots of buffing with 000 steel wool to get the excess paint off. Mucho work. Initially wanted powdercoat cuz they will strip it for you then color, but I had big ol dents and powdercoat will only stick to bare metal. I thought new paint and ugly dents would be tacky, so we bondo-ed it and had it sprayed locally.

I thought your frame was essentially new, didn't you get a canfield one?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nice work Tscheezy! Looks light.

Here's the completed assembly. Airwreck and I were too busy and sleepy :sleep: this week having our first baby! :) So here's pix my spot and my sweet little Cameron at 1 wk old.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just pimped out my Surly SS, the Snow Queen. Got new NoStans rims with Hope Hubs for my Birthday awhile back from my BF, so I added a new Stylo crank, new carbon Time pedals and a new carbon bar. I'm taking her out for the first post-pimping ride and wil snap a pic or too. The Snow Queen looks HOT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts