Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Rippin da fAt
12,494 Posts
If they have it in stock it will take a very short time to get to customs then it will take however long it takes to get through customs. I have heard horror stories about canada customs currently.
Now you know why my Middlechild swam across the northern border, to avoid INS, Customs etc and be a proper illegal alien!

Why they call it customs is beyond me... There isn't a damn thing custom about it, let alone production, just sayin'.

· Administrator
12,492 Posts
Now you know why my Middlechild swam across the northern border, to avoid INS, Customs etc and be a proper illegal alien!

Why they call it customs is beyond me... There isn't a damn thing custom about it, let alone production, just sayin'.
No it is extremely custom, each experience is different and exactly as they would like it to be as long as that experience includes infuriating and frustrating.

in the early nineties I lived in Canada and ordered a Mantis Profloater from Mantis bikes. It added a few parts to the case including a fork and a grafton crank. Bike came without said cranks, box came with shipping manifests to canadian customs showing cranks, frame and other bits. Package was opened and poorly taped back together, bike came with scratches and missing cranks. Eventually Canadian customs or the carrier, can't recall this many years later bought me new cranks. I used them and they were of the batch that didn't break. My wife through them out as she thought they were junk later in life.

· Rippin da fAt
12,494 Posts
No it is extremely custom, each experience is different and exactly as they would like it to be as long as that experience includes infuriating and frustrating.

in the early nineties I lived in Canada and ordered a Mantis Profloater from Mantis bikes. It added a few parts to the case including a fork and a grafton crank. Bike came without said cranks, box came with shipping manifests to canadian customs showing cranks, frame and other bits. Package was opened and poorly taped back together, bike came with scratches and missing cranks. Eventually Canadian customs or the carrier, can't recall this many years later bought me new cranks. I used them and they were of the batch that didn't break. My wife through them out as she thought they were junk later in life.
Customs doing the custom thing, shopping through your parcel and handling it like an airline baggage handler that was fired!
Mmmm, way to go!

· MTBR Member since 2001...
338 Posts
I had a good bike experience with Jenson. I've been buying stuff from them for over 10 yrs.

The 2 HD's in the pic to the left.. One Med, One Lrg. Owned them both for a week, then the Med went back. I wasn't able to test ride, so had to try both. They were the only store I found (within hundreds of miles) that had HD's in stock. They were shipped to my door. I assembled both ( a wheel and handlebars and rode both around the block. About 20 times each :D . They are about 400 miles from me. Bikes arrived in 4 days. They gave me super cheap return shipping and no restocking fee.

If you have a bigger retailer near you, it might greatly improve your chances of getting a bike sooner rather than later. The intense 951 Trail at most Costco's is also an option if your budget is under 4K

· Administrator
12,492 Posts
I want either Norco Range, or Devinci spartan, trek slash

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I don't think you can cross border treks or even online shop treks unless it is from a trek store. I think you can order online via norco which shows the ranges as available and have it delivered to your local store but not sure if they are carried by online retailers. Devinci I have seen online, evo carries them but not the new Spartan and evo is transitioning to ski/board season right now so probably will not have them until spring, looks like the only other online Devinci dealer is Jenson which shows new stock for certain sizes showing up in December but is otherwise out of stock on the new high pivot spartan.

YOu might be able to get a bike quicker to your door via online but only if they have it in stock and available. Frankly considering you are in Canada getting the range is the best bet as it would probably bypass customs and international borders and get to you the fastest, especially since Norco is showing the range in all models as available on their website.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.