Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'll be dropping my son off at WPI and then heading to Portsmouth mid August. I'm looking to rent a mountain bike for a day while there. What are the best shops I should check out. I'm flying out from California and renting a car Grew up in NH so I'm super excited to ride some NH trails again after about 20 years away. Thanks.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe try papa wheelies. I know they are in Portsmouth, not sure if they rent these days. If you're willing to take a little detour, JRA cycles in medford has a few demo bikes, you can give them a call.
JRA had a nice Pivot Switchblade I was able to reserve. Now looking at Lynn Woods or Middlesex Fells. Any recommendations?

· Registered
1,229 Posts
Get your technical skills in before before you try Lynn woods. Maybe check out the mass forum for more recommendations. Ultimately it will depend on how far you want to drive, length of your ride. The fells is literally right next to jra and is ok riding, but not great and the dog walkers can suck.

· Registered
1,229 Posts
Get your technical skills in before before you try Lynn woods. Maybe check out the mass forum for more recommendations. Ultimately it will depend on how far you want to drive, length of your ride. The fells is literally right next to jra and is ok riding, but not great and the dog walkers can suck.
Also, take a look at Harold Parker (bring a gps, don't get lost), russel mill (lots of fun in a small area), willowdale, great brook farm state park is up there too, but the trails are several small loops off of a larger double track loop (but there's an ice cream shop on site!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.