Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Salty's main pivot developed some play after only like 10 rides. I am going to try to tighten this up first I guess, but is this normal?! Should I lock tight the bolt there?

Thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Tighten it up again then

Just torque it back up to 100 in.lb and away you go. No need to Loctite it. Check it every few rides, it takes like 10 seconds. Mine has never come loose, but I've heard of others that have. I would only start worrying about it if you find it loosens up again after a few rides.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it looks like I need to hold it from both sides to torque it, and that may require me to remove the right side crank and chainrings... phooey!

uktrailmonster said:
Just torque it back up to 100 in.lb and away you go. No need to Loctite it. Check it every few rides, it takes like 10 seconds. Mine has never come loose, but I've heard of others that have. I would only start worrying about it if you find it loosens up again after a few rides.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
pkyam said:
Yeah it looks like I need to hold it from both sides to torque it, and that may require me to remove the right side crank and chainrings... phooey!
yep...you do, at least i did. happened to me as well. I simply threw out the darn alloy pivot stuff and bought the stainless steel version used for their tandems, blue loctite, and no more problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.