Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Warp said:
Tell me about it...
One package sent Nov-28th, returned to sender by Jan24th
One package sent Dec-29th, delivered Jan-24th
Last package sent Dec-30th, not delivered yet

Where's the logic in it?
So you are still expecting another package??? the tires and other brakes?

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
That half eaten bread in the background is sick!

I went today to the post office and they dont have it yet :mad: It was a bit disturbing to see the conditions of the few packages they had there...

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crisillo said:
Complete winter ovehaul for the black pearl.... did you install the RF cranks too?? and the wheels were ready.. did you pick them up yet?
Not yet... I still need the parts for the cranks and I need to face one of the sides of the BB shell. I measured and it's dead on 73mm... ok, +/-0.05mm except for a spot where the chain made a scuff on the shell's face.

The wheels should be ready today. I'll see if I can pick them up today or tomorrow.

Yeah, thanks to the complete "winter" (we ride all year long ;) ) overhaul. First major overhaul after one year of nice use, some misuse and little abuse.

·
karmacoma
635 Posts
NICE!, now, whos stuff is that?
you guys have been talking about packages, ugi, joined shipping packages, aduanas, contrabando, friends who travel to the states, monkeys on unicycles for so long I got confused.

thats a sweet shifter/RD combo btw, ive got the same on my fs and x-9 on my ht.

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Warp said:
Not yet... I still need the parts for the cranks and I need to face one of the sides of the BB shell. I measured and it's dead on 73mm... ok, +/-0.05mm except for a spot where the chain made a scuff on the shell's face.

The wheels should be ready today. I'll see if I can pick them up today or tomorrow.

Yeah, thanks to the complete "winter" (we ride all year long ;) ) overhaul. First major overhaul after one year of nice use, some misuse and little abuse.
The facing is a quick job (if the shop has the tools of course) and what parts R U missing for the cranks?

Yeah I know you can ride all year long...actually sometimes you probably can't but because of the pouring rain (at least in CR it is so) not because of the cold.... but nice to see the "perlita" getting some TLC ;)

Can't wait to see those wheels.... I have been having dirty thoughts about another set of Hope Pro 2 but with DT 4.2s.. for the SS.. a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to sell the XT wheelset currently on the SS... and you know how it is.. it hard to stop UGI :D

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
triphop said:
NICE!, now, whos stuff is that?
you guys have been talking about packages, ugi, joined shipping packages, aduanas, contrabando, friends who travel to the states, monkeys on unicycles for so long I got confused.

thats a sweet shifter/RD combo btw, ive got the same on my fs and x-9 on my ht.
It's mine trip... at the end, my stuff got delayed and noone else could join shipments with me... Besides, I have stuff coming from different places.

Tucky... yeah x.9 is much nicer, but more expensive and IMHO, shifters are "consumable" items. Double the expensive drivetrain is not double times better. ;)
Oh, and stick to shimano for cassettes. The ideal drivetrain is SRAM triggers and RD, Shimano FD and cassette. The chain and crankset can be anything.

Cris, I'm missing a platic bearing cup and a couple 1mm spacers (weird stuff being them rubber/steel washers).

I can't wait to get my wheels!

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Warp said:
It's mine trip... at the end, my stuff got delayed and noone else could join shipments with me... Besides, I have stuff coming from different places.

Tucky... yeah x.9 is much nicer, but more expensive and IMHO, shifters are "consumable" items. Double the expensive drivetrain is not double times better. ;)
Oh, and stick to shimano for cassettes. The ideal drivetrain is SRAM triggers and RD, Shimano FD and cassette. The chain and crankset can be anything.

Cris, I'm missing a platic bearing cup and a couple 1mm spacers (weird stuff being them rubber/steel washers).

I can't wait to get my wheels!
what are the spacers for?? BB cup spacers? or some other spacer that Race Face uses...??

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
crisillo said:
what are the spacers for?? BB cup spacers? or some other spacer that Race Face uses...??
The bearing plastic cup is the insert that goes between the cranks spindle and the bearings.

Those spacers are to remove axial slop. Titus bikes just need one for the RF cranks.

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Warp said:
The bearing plastic cup is the insert that goes between the cranks spindle and the bearings.

Those spacers are to remove axial slop. Titus bikes just need one for the RF cranks.
Yeah.. I understood the cup part... just didn't know what the 1mm spacers where for... just though you wanted some custom chainline, therefore using thinner spacers on the BB... ;)

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well... went to the Post Office to pick up THA package!

Everything's here... Now I can mount the cranks, pedals, new Schwalbes...

PICS TONIGHT (Not as good as Rzoz's... My camera is crappy. As a photographer, I'm very good wrenching bikes)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts