Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

There's a super-good deal on my company classifieds on a Mondial rack with one HeadHunter tray, but unfortunately it has the wrong feet for my car. (Came off a '92 Golf, and I have a '93 Jetta :( ). A national chain carries SportRack parts in Canada and I left my name and number, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Are you familiar with any mail-order shops or or other places that stock SportRack/Mondial parts? Google'ing didn't get me much...

If it helps, I'm looking for #3.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'd sooner a Thule or Yakima, but the Mondial coulda been mine for VERY cheaply ($75 CDN for both bars/feet and a bike tray). Problem is, for a specific crossbar fit/application, the length and the clamp are specific - not like Thule or Yakima where you buy generic bars and a set of feet that matches your car. I'd need to get new complete crossbars...

The fork-mount tray reviews for the rack I was looking at were alright but not great - the skewer tended to rust. Plus, the availability of accessories for a Yakima or Thule is so amazing and many of them are available used for cheap, or are even Thule/Yakima intercompatible...

That said, the Mondial systems are a lot cheaper at retail and look pretty sexy on a car...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.