Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally came! My 2010 raw Delirium arrived last night and I threw it together. Here are my thoughts:

Initial Impressions:
Sick looking bike. Definitely more refined than the older DT. Lot of nice details like the bolts being recessed, the thru-axle doesn't stick out nearly as far, thicker seattube, etc. The design, stickers, and finish are all top notch. The new badge is killer.

The Build:
Overall it went pretty smoothly. I transferred over everything from my old DT (except the CCDB) so that made things easy. All bolts were torqued and everything was faced properly. There were a couple of surprises. I found out a couple of days ago that my CCDB wouldn't transfer over because the reducer hardware has changed. Thankfully, I ordered it with a Vivid and the spring weight was perfect. I also didn't realize the headtube was about 1/2 shorter than on the older DT. So I had to break out the rusty hacksaw and hack away to get the fork to fit.

The Ride:
Just came back from the first ride. I took her out Lynn Woods in Lynn, MA. This place is my lunch break stomping ground and is full of New England gnar. Lots of granite of all shapes and sizes. No elevation to speak of just short steep techy climbs and descents. There are lots of big steep rollers, small drops to flat, rock gardens, steep rock face climbs, etc. The old DT rocked this place (pun intended) and so does the new Delirium. While the 2 bikes have a very similar feeling the one thing that stands out is how much more centered you are. For me this translated into significantly better technical climbing. I noticed the new Delirium was much snappier as I was able to throw it around much easier. I was able to get a few smallish drops in and that felt a little weird as I had to do more work to keep the front end up. I wasn't able to test out air time because the park doesn't really have any jumps.

The Future:
I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Kingdom Trails in VT for 4 days. This will test out how it handles long days in the saddle. 3 days of 30+ mile days. Some decent AM stuff but mostly high speed XC riding. It should be a good break in for this puppy.

The List:
Small Knolly Delirium Raw
Zoke 66 RC3 TI
RS Vivid - 350 boinger (Eventually will be CCDB w/ti spring)
721/Hadley thru-axle rear, Flow/Hope front
Hope Tech M4 brakes 203/front 160/rear
Cane Creek DoubleXC headset
FSA Stem 60mm
Chromag OS bars - new
Chromag Saddle - new
Chromag Seat collar
Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
SLX 170mm cranks
XT shadow der. w/XT shifters (looking to go to Saint shortcage Shadow)
One Point Racing pedals
2.4 Single Ply Ardents (2.4 3C Ardents for Lift days)
Weight 36 lbs maybe?

Big thanks to [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] for dealing with my extreme lack of patience. Now if you know anyone that needs a small Knolly Delirium T in green let me know.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice ride! I guess that means the rear through axles are ready. I've been waiting for mine so I can convert my crossmax over. I also need 2 of those headbadges as my delirium and podium are looking rather naked.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
GaryM said:
Nice ride! I guess that means the rear through axles are ready. I've been waiting for mine so I can convert my crossmax over. I also need 2 of those headbadges as my delirium and podium are looking rather naked.
Hi Gary:

I'll contact CC regarding this - we'll get these parts out there ASAP as we have a shipment leaving to them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
12,830 Posts
Schaaaaaweeeeeeet! Nice build.

Yeah, what's the deal with the head badges. I noticed the first few that were shipped didn't have them. I like that one you have there.

·
Registered
659 Posts
great looking ride. nice to see a small as that's what i'll need, as well. used to ride LW back in the '98 or so - that brings back memories.

aside: what car is that?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
V V nice mate - loving the raw :) - Will be cool if tht thing is coming in around 36 - its a burly build

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Knolly's RAW is outstanding!

I would have to say that Knolly's RAW color looks amazing, like jewelry. I have seen other company's version of raw, and raw in an understatement;). I am curious to see how it oxidizes. Does it have a clearcoat?

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
The bike looks good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts