Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it tops out at ~8,000' I'm gonna make the assumption that Maiden Peak is not a ride option just yet (i.e. snow). That said, please correct me if I'm wrong or let me know when it's usually ready to ride. I really want to get on it!

Thanks in advance for any info,
-Nate

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I am unsure of the snow levels there right now, but the skeeter factor in those parts is off the charts. How many quarts of blood do you want to donate?

The usual best time to hit Maiden, and almost any high Cascades trails, is after mid-August.

Flaps

Nate Dogg said:
Since it tops out at ~8,000' I'm gonna make the assumption that Maiden Peak is not a ride option just yet (i.e. snow). That said, please correct me if I'm wrong or let me know when it's usually ready to ride. I really want to get on it!

Thanks in advance for any info,
-Nate

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Maiden Peak is snow free, and in good riding shape, per info from the WIllamette Mtn Mercantile last week. We did Waldo on Saturday and the skeeters weren't too miserable, just sorta miserable.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,456 Posts
Charlie & Sherry rode Maiden on Sunday 7/25 and said it was great. The bloodsuckers were bad but they said it was okay so long as you keep moving.

--Sparty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts