Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
You could run it in-between, depending on how much air you let seep through while you push the button. Kinda tricky to do on the trail. Sometimes I don't hold the button long enough and it doesn't drop down all the way to 120mm. But if you want to run it at say 140mm all the time I'd say it's doable with a little trial and error.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The 55 ATA can be dialed anywhere in the travel range. It's similar to how the old Talas system was where each turn of the dial drops the fork several mm's.

The way the ATA is designed as you run it lower in travel you'll have less bottom out protection but at 140mm you should be ok.

·
wuss
2,380 Posts
Two notable differences between ETA and the Wotan travel adjust are that the Wotan stays more active even at the low setting (granted you have the correct 160mm sag with 120mm travel resulting in a pretty short fork). Also, at least for light riders my Wotan would not extend as easily as an ETA. With ETA the fork pops right up, with the Wotan I had to do a wheelie to extend it fully. Probably higher airpressure for a heavier rider could help the Wotan in this regard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.