Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
gnar, brah
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone has caught this yet...I was on Magura's website, and I noticed that they are offering some suspension products this year. They have a DC fork, a FR single crown, some XC/trail forks, a coil and an air shock. I was going to put this in another thread, here , but I thought this merited its own thread. Oddly enough, the split arches on the FR single crown look really familiar; some off-brand suspension maker maybe? Spinner, RST? Anyway, what is the word on these forks? Any good? If so, I might look into buying one and trying it out. I'd be getting the Thor, a 150mm fork. Here's a pic:
 

Attachments

·
gnar, brah
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky13 said:
my vision of it is that there are other proven brands to buy here in US and that's why you don't see many of them. They are somewhat big in Europe, but not here.
That would make sense...Magura IS German. But their brakes are pretty common, and I've never even heard of their forks before. If the price is about $400, and I hear good things I might be looking into the Thor.
 

·
Uhhhhh...
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
That would make sense...Magura IS German. But their brakes are pretty common, and I've never even heard of their forks before. If the price is about $400, and I hear good things I might be looking into the Thor.
There atleast twice that expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,033 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
Don't know if anyone has caught this yet...I was on Magura's website, and I noticed that they are offering some suspension products this year. They have a DC fork, a FR single crown, some XC/trail forks, a coil and an air shock. I was going to put this in another thread, here , but I thought this merited its own thread. Oddly enough, the split arches on the FR single crown look really familiar; some off-brand suspension maker maybe? Spinner, RST? Anyway, what is the word on these forks? Any good? If so, I might look into buying one and trying it out. I'd be getting the Thor, a 150mm fork. Here's a pic:
There was some limited write ups on the Magura suspension products after Interbike I think. Have not heard a whole lot after it.Magura is starting to push into the north american market with their brake products, do not think it will be long until they push a bit with suspension stuff as well.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
TheSherpa said:
There atleast twice that expensive.
Word. That's probably half why they're not huge in the US because of the price.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Lucky13 said:
Yeah, why pay 800$ for something you're not sure in if you can get proven performance for 400$ type of thing.
No kidding. I mean if he's looking at a new 5"ish fork why not buy the PsyloXC with Tullio that I'm gonna sell for like $150 almost new. :D ;)
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
flatulentfox said:
if yoru looking for someone to buy it for around 150, i might be interested, let me know. what year?
2003. I got it brand new back in January for my AC (only ridden on since Feb) and it's in pretty good condition, only ever ridden it on xc stuff, nothing more than a 2foot (smooth) drop, and some tech singletrack stuff. Doubt there's even a scratch on the lowers. :p
 

·
gnar, brah
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
No kidding. I mean if he's looking at a new 5"ish fork why not buy the PsyloXC with Tullio that I'm gonna sell for like $150 almost new. :D ;)
Actually I'm selling my 2003 Psylo SL to help finance this operation. Gonna put a remote lockout kit in the mix. $200 for both, anyone interested?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
467 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
2003. I got it brand new back in January for my AC (only ridden on since Feb) and it's in pretty good condition, only ever ridden it on xc stuff, nothing more than a 2foot (smooth) drop, and some tech singletrack stuff. Doubt there's even a scratch on the lowers. :p
how long is the steer tube? email me if you are seriously wanting to sell it. ive been looking for somethign cheap for my trail bike.

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
i dont know about you guys, but those forks look pretty sweet in my opinion when it comes down to looks. And as for the dual arch design, seems to me like it would be quite stiff. All in all looks like a solid fork to me...
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top