Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i've seen a few people asking how the ronin rides. I've been on it for a few rides, and i'll post my initial thoughts. I have the 110mm version.

Initial thought was, not very plush/smooth. I ran it at about 70 PSI ( im really light). Was getting an inch of sag, and the fork wasnt very supple. The Seperate High and low speed compression is a bit tricky to set up, but my fork was hardly bobbing at all. This feature made me wonder. The fork comes equipped with lockout, and the dual compression adjusters is to eliminate bobbing while getting an active fork on downhills. I would have much rather they left that feature out, and added an adjustable negative air chamber, which would have helped with the lack of small bump sensitivity.

Once you're at high speeds, the fork becomes very smooth, and handles med-bigger (XC big) nicley. The fork is very stiff, built very well, and gives lots of confidence when tackling more aggressive stuff. The fork also has adjustable rebound, which is easy to use, and works well.

I will be posting a review again later on once The fork fully breaks in, and hopefully, once it does, will become more active at slower speeds, and over smaller stuff.

My overall verdict: 3.5 /5
Good, but not mainstream good...yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Dom, your description pretty much fits with what I've gone through! Now just give the seals some time to break in... Actually, quite a bit of time to break in... :D

I expect you'll be seing big improvements quite soon if you ride a lot...

Luego!

·
Registered
370 Posts
How Long?

Anyone else? How long to let it break in (in miles not days or months)?

My Ronin 110 feels very rough over the tough stuff and seems to work much better on more agressive stuff like small logs, etc. Roots, ruts and rocks hurt though.

I have about 20 miles or so on the fork. How much longer should I give it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts