Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there know anything about this fork... I'm building a bike up and I saw this Fork and said to myself Wow. Are these forks any good... this site gives them a good rating but I'd like to here from more people about them.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I have a 100 mm Menja. They are very stiff forks but the compression is not adjustable (although I can imagine you can easily do it using different weights of oil). The fork was blowing through all it's travel on XC rides (but I never had a hard bottom out). I talked to Magura about this and they recommended decreasing the air spring volume by adding some shock oil to the air chamber. This made the fork a little more progressive at the end of the stroke while still using about 95% of the travel. The fork is very smooth and the compression for XC riding is spot on (Rockies type of riding with lots of quick braking bumps). Mine was also a tad on the heavy side (around 4 lbs).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.